× Members

ESA Home Visit Maximus

More
8 years 1 month ago #153053 by pollyanna2627
ESA Home Visit Maximus was created by pollyanna2627
Hi everyone. My assessment arrived last month exactly 2yrs since the last one. Filled in the form and sent it off. I did not include lots of information this time as it said not to do. When I got my appointment date it was at a centre which was not suitable for a wheelchair. I rang the centre to explain how I could not self propel my wheelchair and my partner cannot push me as he is waiting for a new shoulder replacement. They sent me a new appointment to a disabled centre so we rang to see when I arrived if they could push me in the wheelchair. To be told nobody could do that for me. We spoke to somebody again who said I need to get a letter from my doctor for a home visit. This I did and heard nothing. Today I got a phone call from a doctor. He explained that his morning appointments had not received a letter to say he was calling. He asked if I had received one and I said No. So he asked if he could call today so I said No. My partner is going into hospital tomorrow for a major operation. The doctor said he would report back and said he did not think it would affect my money. I thought they had to give notice. My stress levels are very high at the moment. Could this affect my money? As I could not cope with him today. What can I expect from a home visit?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153060 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Home Visit Maximus
Hi Pollyanna and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You are entitled to 7 days notice of an assessment (although this does include postage time for a letter), you do not have to accept anything at short notice. Hopefully the next appointment will be at a time that is rather better for you!

There is a section at the back of the ESA guide that explains what to expect from a face2face assessment and the home visit should follow a similar pattern. You can choose in which room the assessment takes place and who you have with you. The assessor should not want to look around the house and does not have an automatic right to do so.

ESA claims and appeals

If you have further questions or comments about your ESA claim, please reply to this message. It helps us enormously if everything relating to the same subject is kept in one place. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now. Thank you for your future cooperation in this matter :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pollyanna2627

More
8 years 1 month ago #155004 by pollyanna2627
Replied by pollyanna2627 on topic ESA Home Visit Maximus
Hi all. I hope you all had a good Easter. I am waiting on a report from my consultant. It is my medical in a few days time. If it doesn't arrive in time. Can I still send it and where??

More
8 years 1 month ago #155021 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Home Visit Maximus

pollyanna2627 wrote: Hi all. I hope you all had a good Easter. I am waiting on a report from my consultant. It is my medical in a few days time. If it doesn't arrive in time. Can I still send it and where??

If it misses the assessment then you should send it to the DWP office dealing with your claim, marked for the attention of the Case Manager. See

Sending Documents to the DWP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #155051 by pollyanna2627
Replied by pollyanna2627 on topic ESA Home Visit Maximus
Is the DWP office the CHDA in Nottingham or the area who sent out my home visit appointment or should I send to both. Thank you for your time.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155065 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Home Visit Maximus

pollyanna2627 wrote: Is the DWP office the CHDA in Nottingham or the area who sent out my home visit appointment or should I send to both. Thank you for your time.

Neither, the address will be on the letter you received with the PIP2 form and will be headed either DWP or JC+.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.