× Members

Won my appeal today, stressful but successful!

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153450 by slugsta
Hi,

I have merged your post with your previous topic about your PIP appeal. It helps us enormously if everything relating to the same subject is kept in one place.

I am go glad that your appeal was successful! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

I was also under the impression that DLA payments would restart once you started the PIP claim process! Perhaps one of the other mods will shed some light on the subject - otherwise I think it might be a question for your CAB advisor.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP appeal related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karen Brown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153462 by Karen Brown
Replied by Karen Brown on topic Won my appeal today, stressful but successful!
Sorry I didnt realise about new posts. Thank you for leting me know Mrs Hurtyback. I still cant quite believe I won, I feel such a huge sense of relief.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
8 years 1 month ago #153487 by Gordon
matundara

If your PIP2 form was returned on time then the DWP should not have cancelled your DLA and it should have remained in payment until four weeks after a Decision on your PIP claim was made. Back payments would apply from the day after your DLA was stopped.

Have you chased the DWP about why your DLA was stopped early?

If your form was not returned on time, then your PIP2 should have been treated as a new application for PIP, you would not have received payments while the claim was being processed, but the claim should be classed as starting from the day that the form was received and back payments should be made from that date.

In either case the PIP Award does not appear to cover the correct period based on the information you have provided.

Your first port of call should be the Tribunal Service, however, they are limited by the information that they have received from the DWP, so I would expect you to have to follow it up with them.

As you have been using the CAB I would speak to them about the matter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, Karen Brown

More
8 years 1 month ago #153499 by Karen Brown
Firstly I wanted to say sotty again for starting a new post. I misunderstood "keep your posts on one topic" to mean "your post should only cover one topic" so that made me think if you had a new issue you wanted to discuss or for success stores you needed to share, a new topic had to be started, Part of my illness I suppose that I dont read things properly and that is where the whole DLA to PIP thing wasnt umderstoog by me either.

I am going through all of my paperwork today to try and get a timeline going. I also thought that the claim started from the time you called them to start the claim, again not paying attemtion to what was written on the paperwork. Possibly because I though my first DLA application was backdated to the initial phone call I made. I could be wrong though, it was a few years ago.

Can I ask do i need to fill in a new tax credit claim or will it get reinstated automatically? I dont want to call them, as I have huge issues doing so.

Thanks

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153531 by Gordon
matundara

Normally a claim would start from the day you contacted the DWP to start it, but because you were receiving DLA at the time this would not apply as you cannot receive DLA and PIP at the same time, so the earliest that your PIP claim could start would be the day after your DLA claim ended.

I'm afraid we don't deal with Tax Credits on the forum, you'll have to contact HMRC about the issue.

Gordon

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158456 by Karen Brown
Well despite winning my appeal over 2 months ago I have still not received my award notice from DWP, or any payments. I filled in the form that asks if you have been in prison or hospital etc. about a month ago. I have called therm every week since and get nowhere. Their Customer Service is very poor, they tell me different things every time!
I am going to go back to the CAB next week to see if they can sort it out.

Is this normal to take so long?

Thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.