× Members

PIP Mobilising Submission

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132023 by Augustus
PIP Mobilising Submission was created by Augustus
Good Afternoon

I put in a PIP appeal in respect of mobility assessment and after nearly 4 months the DWP had not responded with any evidence at all.

The Tribunals Service has now told me that the appeal is listed for a hearing without any evidence from them. Is this usual?

For the DWP to behave in this way, should I deduce that DWP feels that my case is so weak that they need not bother providing any documentation at all to the Trib. service? Trib service has already undertaken to warn me of any finding on their part which is likely to affect what I am already getting, though with only evidence from me, I don't think this is an issue here.

It relates to descriptor 11D which seems to be a vexed matter.

Do you think my suspicions are correct?

Thank you

A
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132037 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Mobilising Submission

Augustus wrote: Good Afternoon

I put in a PIP appeal in respect of mobility assessment and after nearly 4 months the DWP had not responded with any evidence at all.

The Tribunals Service has now told me that the appeal is listed for a hearing without any evidence from them. Is this usual?

For the DWP to behave in this way, should I deduce that DWP feels that my case is so weak that they need not bother providing any documentation at all to the Trib. service? Trib service has already undertaken to warn me of any finding on their part which is likely to affect what I am already getting, though with only evidence from me, I don't think this is an issue here.

It relates to descriptor 11D which seems to be a vexed matter.

Do you think my suspicions are correct?

Thank you

A

Hi A,

This is not usual, as the DWP are usually granted extensions.

However, The TS are within their rights to hold the hearing in this circumstance.

This should go in your favour if the DWP have not submitted evidence, and I do not think that The TS will look very kindly on this.

I cannot comment on your deduction regarding your case being "weak", even if The DWP thought that they had an "easy" win, they would still submit evidence to support their adverse decision under appeal.

Good luck, and let us know how things are progressing.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
9 years 1 month ago #132337 by Suz
Replied by Suz on topic PIP Mobilising Submission
Hello Augustus,
I'm finding myself in exactly the same situation as you. DWP failed to respond with in 28 days then failed to respond by the extended date, I'm now awaiting a hearing. Good luck with yours.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #132958 by Augustus
Replied by Augustus on topic PIP Mobilising Submission
Good Morning Panel

I have previously asked about the fact that I have a PIP appeal running and the DWP won't respond to the Tribunal Service at all.

I am now told that a hearing has been pencilled in and the only evidence to hand will be my appeal application plus any supporting argument, and that this is to my favour.

Do you think this is remotely true? I don't at all. I am concerned that they will simply adjourn tbe case for lack of evidence.

So I am wondering whether I should volunteer to provide ( at their expense) copies of my PIP application form, other supporting docs, and the ATOS Medical Report.

Is lobbying my MP post 7 May an option? Presumably at the moment there no MPs legally?

Grateful for your feedback as to whether offering the paperwork seems a good idea, or just let the current situation run on.

Thanks. A

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #132982 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Mobilising Submission
Augustus

It is possible that the panel will decide to adjourn the hearing due to lack of information but it is not a given.

Winning an appeal is down to the claimant providing information that supports their contention that the meet the criteria for an award, so there is no reason why you should not submit any evidence that is supportive of this. This include your original claim form and the evidence attached and if you think it is to your favour, the assessment report, alternatively you could submit a separate document with this information and any evidence that you feel will be of assistance.

To be clear, there is no requirement for you to submit evidence that you do not feel is to your advantage. Also, for completeness, you cannot choose sections of the assessment report to include, it is all of nothing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133692 by Augustus
Replied by Augustus on topic PIP Mobilising Submission
I appealed last November and it took DWP best part of five months to make any reply to the Tribunal Service.

Now they are insisting on an oral hearing even though I Cannot go to one and requested a hearing based on tbe papers.

I would like to know whether they can insist on an oral gearing given the evident disadvantage I will face. I know the arguments in favour of going to the hearing but that is my situation.

Should I challenge or write to the Tribunal Service explaining my situation?

Thank you

A

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.