× Members

ESA50 FRUSTRATION

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153866 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA50 FRUSTRATION

Bluebear wrote: I'm currently helping my dad complete his ESA50 form, but am finding it very frustrating. It can be very strangely worded :S

For example, my dad has a condition that is very painful, and can be at times very limiting physically. I've reached the section of the form talking about cognitive limitations with dressing etc, but have found no section for dressing, washing difficulties for a physical disability.

Where should this be added? At the beginning within the about your illness section?

Regards,
BlueBear.

ESA takes no account of whether the claimant has problems with personal care - it is PIP that is involved with assessing care needs.

Gaining ESA depends 100% on showing that the claimant satisfies the criteria. These, and how best to explain them in terms that DWP will understand, are clearly explained in the ESA guides.

Edited - I have merged this query with your other ESA topic. Having people answering 2 different topics relating to the same subject is a duplication of effort - yours and ours! Please keep everything relating to your father's ESA claim here in this topic.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154076 by Steve Blue
Replied by Steve Blue on topic ESA50 FRUSTRATION
Dear Benefits and Work,

We completed the ESA50 form last night. Even with notes already made on a sample form it took almost 4 hours to transfer over to the original :blink:

We've printed off ALL the evidence we have to send with the form. BUT there's a lot! This includes previous letters from consultants and doctors, images of MRI scans etc, and letters from DWP previously acknowledging degenerative nature of dad's condition and documentation from HM Courts acknowledging descriptor met on mobility. All the documentation will unlikely fit in the standard A5 envelope supplied :pinch: Seems too much.

I'm curious...

Does supporting evidence need to be prepared or attached in anyway to the ESA50 form? I think I'd read somewhere that supporting documentation should just be included within the envelope with name and NI number written on it.

Also, the envelope is too small. Can we use a different envelope? Is that aloud?

Kind regards,
BlueBear.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154078 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA50 FRUSTRATION

Bluebear wrote: Dear Benefits and Work,

We completed the ESA50 form last night. Even with notes already made on a sample form it took almost 4 hours to transfer over to the original :blink:

We've printed off ALL the evidence we have to send with the form. BUT there's a lot! This includes previous letters from consultants and doctors, images of MRI scans etc, and letters from DWP previously acknowledging degenerative nature of dad's condition and documentation from HM Courts acknowledging descriptor met on mobility. All the documentation will unlikely fit in the standard A5 envelope supplied :pinch: Seems too much.

I'm curious...

Does supporting evidence need to be prepared or attached in anyway to the ESA50 form? I think I'd read somewhere that supporting documentation should just be included within the envelope with name and NI number written on it.

Also, the envelope is too small. Can we use a different envelope? Is that aloud?

Kind regards,
BlueBear.

Hi Bb,

You can use a larger envelope/package for the ESA50 + added evidence, just make sure that you use the exact address as written on the pre-paid envelope provided.

See also : ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

If you have extra pages of evidence, they should be denoted as in this FAQ :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whether you are using the PDF ESA50 or the original hard copy one, you should attach extra pages to the back of The ESA50.

This can be done by punching a hole in the top corner of the ESA50 so as to not obscure any information by using : Treasury Tags or the like.

Or, you can staple the added pages to the back as long as you can manage to do so without damaging the ESA50.

Good Luck !!! :)

bro58

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154087 by Steve Blue
Replied by Steve Blue on topic ESA50 FRUSTRATION
Schoolboy error :( Do you think it matters if the details - name, NI, date of birth - are listed in red at the top of the supporting material? I've only just remembered that on the ESA50 form itself it asked for black ink. I could write over them... :blush:

Regards -
BlueBear.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #154089 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA50 FRUSTRATION

Bluebear wrote: Schoolboy error :( Do you think it matters if the details - name, NI, date of birth - are listed in red at the top of the supporting material? I've only just remembered that on the ESA50 form itself it asked for black ink. I could write over them... :blush:

Regards -
BlueBear.

Hi Bb,

If you can go over the red in black and it is still legible fine, if not then leave it.

The ID information at the head of any extra documents is just to tie it to your Dad and his ESA50, in case it becomes separated from the ESA50 Form itself.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.