× Members

esa reasessment.

More
8 years 4 months ago #147127 by Tom
esa reasessment. was created by Tom
Good morning and Happy new year everyone.

I'm just planning how to fill in my esa50 for when I eventually get it and I'm a bit confused by one question. On the mobilising on question one none of the boxes apply as I cant even walk 50 metres, So I thought I'd have a look at the esa member guide. I thought about putting none of the above apply to me, but the member guide I'm looking at says if you put that, you will score 0 points. Forgive me If I've miss understood it, I'd rather just have it clear in my mind and not risk having to battle for my esa. Thankyou for your help! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #147151 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa reasessment.

Tom wrote: Good morning and Happy new year everyone.

I'm just planning how to fill in my esa50 for when I eventually get it and I'm a bit confused by one question. On the mobilising on question one none of the boxes apply as I cant even walk 50 metres, So I thought I'd have a look at the esa member guide. I thought about putting none of the above apply to me, but the member guide I'm looking at says if you put that, you will score 0 points. Forgive me If I've miss understood it, I'd rather just have it clear in my mind and not risk having to battle for my esa. Thankyou for your help! :)

Although you don't need to feel constrained by the tick boxes, you do need to provide an answer to the question being asked, if you don't then the assessor will assume that none apply. So mark the tick boxes "see below" and explain how far you can walk n the comments box or on any attached pages.

Remember the Mobilising Descriptor also considers your ability to self propel a manual wheelchair over equivalent distances, so you must explain your ability to do this is effected as well to score points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom

More
8 years 4 months ago #147153 by Tom
Replied by Tom on topic esa reasessment.
Oh i see, so if I just put none of the above and didnt fill in the box I'd quite rightly score no points. However if I put see below by the tick boxes and then explain my mobility issues that should be fine? :) Thankyou for your help :)

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153937 by Tom
Hi there. Am i correct in assuming that for a esa reasessment i will recieve the esa50 around 2 months before the prognosis date. For example if my prognosis date said the 2nd june, would i get the esa50 around 2 months before that? Thankyou for your time :)
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153951 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa reasessment.
Hi Tom,

I have merged your query with your previous topic dealing with the same subject. It helps us enormously if everything dealing with the same subject is kept in one place.

Yes, we would expect ESA50s to be sent out a couple of months ahead of the reassessment date.If you wish to get ahead of the game you could start filling out the PDF version of the form.

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA reassessment related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom

More
8 years 1 month ago #153954 by Tom
Really sorry i will do that in the future! I've already done that luckily. I'm more asking because im paranoid that they're going to send it and it'll get lost in the post. However theres not much i can really do about that lol. Thankyou for your help! :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.