× Members

Got My PIP Date ..

More
8 years 3 months ago #150068 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Got My PIP Date ..
Just a reply to your comment about getting evidence from the people you have seen. If you have copies of letters they give you you could enclose them with your form.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Palimpsest
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #150080 by Palimpsest
Replied by Palimpsest on topic Got My PIP Date ..
Hello OB

I appreciate the advice but why would I keep these (I get so many) they seem fairly redundant after attending the appointment?

More
8 years 3 months ago #150098 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Got My PIP Date ..

Palimpsest wrote: Hello OB

I appreciate the advice but why would I keep these (I get so many) they seem fairly redundant after attending the appointment?

It will obviously depend on the content, but gaining access to this type of information can be difficult.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Palimpsest
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #150122 by Palimpsest
Replied by Palimpsest on topic Got My PIP Date ..
I've spoken to the hospital where most of my treatment has been and asked if I could have a list of appointments (MANY) I've attended:

'Not sure if we can do that'

Spoken to Practice Manager at GP and asked for copies of all Consultants/Therapists letters they have from hospital:

'We SHOULD be able to do that, but there will be a fee'

What joy

More
8 years 3 months ago #150141 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Got My PIP Date ..

Palimpsest wrote: I've spoken to the hospital where most of my treatment has been and asked if I could have a list of appointments (MANY) I've attended:

'Not sure if we can do that'

Spoken to Practice Manager at GP and asked for copies of all Consultants/Therapists letters they have from hospital:

'We SHOULD be able to do that, but there will be a fee'

What joy

Have a look at the following

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #150145 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Got My PIP Date ..
The consultants letters often mention about your condition, treatment and severity. It's all I have ever used as evidence apart form a care plan.

For example, if it says something like no surgery will make things better or that the symptoms need careful management with diet and medication, then is is important as illustrates why you need to do this.

It is easy to get copies if you mention it to the secretary of the consultant as you are referred, as patients are usually then copied in on the letters.

My PIP assessor commented on how helpful this was, that my husband had filed all the letters, she said it was a good idea.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris