× Members

Got My PIP Date ..

• Palimpsest
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #150035 by Palimpsest
Replied by Palimpsest on topic Got My PIP Date ..
Hello Gordon

I can make a sandwich and toast, honestly that's it. I don't have the grip strength to handle utensils, lift pans etc, my hand is VERY sensitive to heat so I can't/won't put it near heat sources and has to be said my confidence in attempting cooking is NIL after a couple of nasty mishaps.

I also have to use 'fat' handle cutlery to eat my food.

When I was assessed for DLA years ago, someone came round and watched me prepare a snack (and change a fuse)

Hope those days are gone, it was demeaning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Palimpsest
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #150036 by Palimpsest
That's a bit better, but on public transport Chester is the only one I can do in 90 mins.

More
8 years 3 months ago #150037 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Got My PIP Date ..
Palimpsest

Just had a look at the postcode map and I see that those towns/cities are actually in ATOS's area, however, it does show that there should be at least three Capita offices closer than Cardiff.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #150042 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Got My PIP Date ..
Palimpsest

They won't ask you to make a sandwich :) but it is important that you understand that the PIP criteria, even when they cover the same areas as DLA, are very different, DLA looks at the amount of care you need whereas PIP looks at the severity of your problems.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Palimpsest
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #150044 by Palimpsest
Thanks Gordon

• Palimpsest
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #150049 by Palimpsest
Should (big should I concede) reach the same outcome surely, as the 'severity of your problems' determines the 'amount of care you need' ??

But it won't be that straightforward will it??

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.