× Members

PIP assessment

More
8 years 3 months ago #150341 by Joby
PIP assessment was created by Joby
Hi everyone, hope I find you well. It's taken me 3 weeks to fight my way through this PIP form :angry: much of it is confusing as with my illnesses it's difficult to say yes or no to some questions. The one I'm really struggling with and would appreciate advice on is Q14. I have a punctured spinal cord, chronic fatigue, Fibromyalgia and degenerative disc disease and although as Q14 asks I CAN walk the distances this causes severe pain and fatigue, not one step is pain free and I know that I would be in bed for days afterwards afte walking anywhere. So the fact is I can do it, but it isn't worth it! How do I answer this question??
At the moment I get high rate mobility on DLA but this allowed for severe pain...PIP doesn't. I'm stuck.
Thank you for any help in advance x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #150363 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment

Joby wrote: Hi everyone, hope I find you well. It's taken me 3 weeks to fight my way through this PIP form :angry: much of it is confusing as with my illnesses it's difficult to say yes or no to some questions. The one I'm really struggling with and would appreciate advice on is Q14. I have a punctured spinal cord, chronic fatigue, Fibromyalgia and degenerative disc disease and although as Q14 asks I CAN walk the distances this causes severe pain and fatigue, not one step is pain free and I know that I would be in bed for days afterwards afte walking anywhere. So the fact is I can do it, but it isn't worth it! How do I answer this question??
At the moment I get high rate mobility on DLA but this allowed for severe pain...PIP doesn't. I'm stuck.
Thank you for any help in advance x

All of the PIP activities must be performed reliably (see the PIP claim guide) and on the majority of days for a claimant not to expect to score points.

There is no requirement for an activity to be performed pain free, but that does not mean that the degree of pain should not be a factor.

It will help if you can show that walking increasing the level of pain you have.

Unfortunately, PIP does not specifically define the level of pain that is unacceptable but DWP documents do use the phrase "severe discomfort" which is a hangover from DLA, so it might help if you use this phrase if applicable.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #150389 by Joby
Replied by Joby on topic PIP assessment
Thank you very much for your reply Gordon, I appreciate your help.
Joby

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154500 by Joby
Had my assessment today, I didn't expect some of the questions she asked (although she was a nice lady). I don't feel anything was asked about the pain I suffer..although my morphine, oramorph, Amitriptyline, pregablin etc were all out for her to see. I was asked a series of questions for memory and money management, and asked to perform some stretching and bending some of which I couldn't do. I don't feel that it went very well as I wasn't able to tell,her about how I feel the next day after being out, or how I don't remember simple things like appointments. I could easily do the mathematical sum she gave me, and spell a four letter word backwards.
Now I await the dreaded decision..what will be will be!
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154502 by
Replied by on topic PIP assessment

Joby wrote: Had my assessment today, I didn't expect some of the questions she asked (although she was a nice lady). I don't feel anything was asked about the pain I suffer..although my morphine, oramorph, Amitriptyline, pregablin etc were all out for her to see. I was asked a series of questions for memory and money management, and asked to perform some stretching and bending some of which I couldn't do. I don't feel that it went very well as I wasn't able to tell,her about how I feel the next day after being out, or how I don't remember simple things like appointments. I could easily do the mathematical sum she gave me, and spell a four letter word backwards.
Now I await the dreaded decision..what will be will be!

Hi J,

At least it is over and done with now !! :)

You could give it a week or so then ring the PIP Helpline for an update :

PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

You could also ask them for a copy of the PIP PA4 Medical Report which some members have managed to get before the decision is made !

Let us know how things pan out !! :)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

More
8 years 1 month ago #154941 by Joby
Thank you, I will give it until the end of the week as it has been Easter. I'm not feeling confident, I would like the extra care so that I could pay for help instead of relying on my 70 odd year old parents doing a 16 mile round trip every day. I'd also die if I only got standard rate for mobility and lost my blue badge...my car is my lifeline.
Took me ages to find this post..I've figured out how to favourite it as you suggest.
Thanks again Bro58 :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.