× Members

PIP assessment

More
7 years 11 months ago #159207 by Joby
Replied by Joby on topic PIP assessment
Well unfortunately Gordon my reconsideration came back and was the same award. I couldn't be bothered due to my ill health to appeal again but my parents have been upset by this so now have just a week to fill in the form and challenge the medical report which I finally have. my parents are helping me so it might actually get done. Got an appointment with my GP on Monday as he has said he will write a letter for me. The PIP mobility part contradicts itself as it says I don't have trouble getting out as I have a car and use that to visit my parents (the only place I go) YET they deny me the enhanced rate...if I relied on a mobility I would now be housebound!!!! They don't know I have my own car.
I suffer with fibromyalgia and have a punctured spinal cord so in severe discomfort daily and rely on morphine and amitriptyline and pregablin all highest doses so getting out has to be at certain time of day (between 12 and 4pm) as I cant drive early because of the night meds being in my system.
wish me luck :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #159239 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment
Joby

Have a look at the PIP Appeal guide for an explanation of the process and a link to the SSCS1 that you will need to complete, the guide also explains how to complete it.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

PS - Good luck

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joby

More
7 years 11 months ago #159292 by Joby
I have seen my GP who is writing me a letter about how my conditions affect me and I printed off about 100 pages from the members guides about appealing which I can go through over the next few days before writing up my appeal.
Thanks Gordon for the reply.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159319 by Joby
Hi,
Two questions regarding my appeal:
1- am I penalising it by putting I will not be attending? I would really struggle with my illness to be there.

2. In the report it says I am on "moderate" pain relief when I'm actually on high (Dr will put in his letter I'm on high pain relief). Daily I take..
Zomorph (morphine) 60mg
Amitriptyline 75mg
Pregablin 600mg
Paracetamol 4000mg
Oramorph liquid morphine as an intermittent relief.

Is this a valid point to challenge?
I've read in the "50 grounds of appeal" not to challenge everything just the most important. Whilst I think this is important..... Is it to a professional?
Kind Regards
Joby.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159337 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment

Joby wrote: Hi,
Two questions regarding my appeal:
1- am I penalising it by putting I will not be attending? I would really struggle with my illness to be there.

2. In the report it says I am on "moderate" pain relief when I'm actually on high (Dr will put in his letter I'm on high pain relief). Daily I take..
Zomorph (morphine) 60mg
Amitriptyline 75mg
Pregablin 600mg
Paracetamol 4000mg
Oramorph liquid morphine as an intermittent relief.

Is this a valid point to challenge?
I've read in the "50 grounds of appeal" not to challenge everything just the most important. Whilst I think this is important..... Is it to a professional?
Kind Regards
Joby.

The rates for successful Paper hearing is lower than that for Oral ones, but if your conditions preclude you from attending then there is little that you can do about it.

Yes! the issue of how strong your medication is would be something that you might raise in an appeal, just be aware that one of the panel members will be a doctor so they may have their own opinion.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159366 by Joby
Thank you Gordon, I would love to attend but don't think it would be possible so I will have to take that risk. I've discussed with my Dr if my pain meds are moderate and he disagrees. I think it's been so difficult this appeal, I have only argued the main discrepancies in the report and I seem to have too much.
Thank you for your help.
Joby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.