× Members

No feedback after sending Mandatory Reconsideratio

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #145352 by foss27
Hi onice

What you need to do is request the MR and reports.

You then go through the medical report, noting where the points awarded do not match your expectations and what the report says in support of the points awarded. If the report contains inaccuracies or omissions in your verbal or written evidence you take each such item from the report and challenge it in your submission stating why you think it is wrong ie the evidence was ignored, the report says things you didn't say or doesn't say things you did say.

In this way you build your submission. The MR is highly likely to rubberstamp the decision so you should look at this as building your case for the appeal proper which is in front of an independent panel.
If you do not find missions or falsities in the medical report then you maybe accept the decision was correct but do not give up until you have gone through it. Many people on this forum have found outright lies and omissions in their medical reports. You will too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154693 by onice
I sent a letter requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration on 1st December 2015.

I have not heard anything back from the PIP group. I sent it by recorded delivery so have proff of postage and it being signed for.

I sent other things a long with it (letters from therapist and other evidence) I think I made a strong case to show how the initial decision was wrong.

I know that they can take time to process the MR so am not sure if I should follow this up or perhaps just wait?

I read somewhere that it can take up to 3 months before a response, is that right?
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

8 years 1 month ago #154717 by

onice wrote: I sent a letter requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration on 1st December 2015.

I have not heard anything back from the PIP group. I sent it by recorded delivery so have proff of postage and it being signed for.

I sent other things a long with it (letters from therapist and other evidence) I think I made a strong case to show how the initial decision was wrong.

I know that they can take time to process the MR so am not sure if I should follow this up or perhaps just wait?

I read somewhere that it can take up to 3 months before a response, is that right?

Hi o,

There is no time limit for how long an MR can take.

On average they generally take 4-8 weeks !

I will merge your other PIP related topics with this one for continuity.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

More
8 years 1 month ago #154756 by onice
Okay, thanks :)

Is there someone I can contact to see how the MR is progressing by any chance?

With no response I am beginning to wonder if anything at all is happening with it

8 years 1 month ago #154776 by

onice wrote: Okay, thanks :)

Is there someone I can contact to see how the MR is progressing by any chance?

With no response I am beginning to wonder if anything at all is happening with it

Hi o,

You could ring : The PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

bro58

More
7 years 11 months ago #159402 by onice
I recently phoned the DWP to check on what happened to my Mandatory Reconsideration request (sent 1st December 2015, almost 6 months ago)

The person I spoke to said that it had been received (thankfully I sent it via recorded delivery) but had not been looked at.

I received a text message earlier this month saying: "We've received your request to look at our recent PIP decision again"

Today, I received a letter saying that they have decided that I am not entitled to PIP (from September 2015)

In 4 months it will have been a year since I applied for PIP - I am working on my mental health and making incremental improvements but still am very restricted by my social anxiety.

I had a review assessment with my therapist last week, she will be referring me to another more senior therapist to try to support me but I have not told the DWP team as this is new.

I don't know if I should appeal or not, I feel like this is getting too much and I'm out of my depth in terms of understanding the whole legal system, though I consider myself to have a disability/potential personality disorder.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.