× Members

No feedback after sending Mandatory Reconsideratio

More
7 years 10 months ago #161257 by Gordon

onice wrote: I read that it counts if you need the assistance even if you don't get it.

I know I need assistance to carry out the CBT therapies (otherwise I won't do them) but don't have anyone at home to assist/support me - any progress would be made/faster.

Its funny because the main crux of my behavioural therapy involves leaving my home, this is what I need most assistance with (which I don't have) but it seems that as soon as I leave my home it no longer counts as therapy.

From home, all I have is an online support chat room to go to for moral support but since CBT therapy ended I have struggled to do the things (therapy tasks) I need to do.

You can argue that you need prompting, assistance or supervision when carrying out your CBT, but it must be relevant to the CBT you are being asked to do at home, if the help is something that only your counsellor would be expected to provide then I think it unlikely that it will be considered.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #167730 by onice
Hello everyone,

I have realised that I have missed my appeal appointment as I mixed my dates up.

I got my letter out today with the intention of cancelling the whole thing because it is too much for me and I don't have the confidence to see it through.

I would like to have informed them in advance of the appointment but unfortunately I got the dates wrong, I don't like to inconvenience anyone.

What happens in this scenario? Should I contact them, or should I wait for some correspondence from them?

Thanks

More
7 years 7 months ago #167749 by Gordon
onice

I would ring the venue of the hearing, the Clerk of the Court should be able to tell you what happened. Most likely the hearing was adjourned due to your absence but it is possible that a Paper hearing was held.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.