× Members

apologies need some advice please

More
8 years 1 month ago #155211 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic apologies need some advice please

Peter wrote: :dry: got another letter today telling me I was entitled to dla until 31 july 2016 and new rates, and on the same day now I find this part disturbing quote@ if you don't start your claim by 11th april 2016 your disability living allowance will be stopped temporarily (in Bold) and then if you don't start your claim for personal independent payment after 4 weeks your dla will then be stopped permanently

I find this worrying you are being forced to claim if not they stop it even if they have just sent a letter to you saying you have it till 31st july 2016 !!

what are they up to? my GP is wanting to look at these forms and help fill them for us any ideas what information we can give to help him?

This is standard procedure, your DLA has been extended to allow a PIP claim to be processed.

Once an invitation to claim PIP has been issued you cannot retain your DLA award in the long term. Providing you participate in the claim process and meet all of the deadlines for providing information your DLA will then remain in payment until four weeks after a Decision on your PIP claim is made.

If your PIP claim takes a long time to be processes, we are seeing a general slow down in the process, then it is possible that your DLA will be extended again.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris