× Members

Pip Transfer

More
8 years 6 months ago #144126 by oneandonly
Pip Transfer was created by oneandonly
Please could you tell me what medical conditions do Pip and DWP have to by law get a Dr to examine you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #144134 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Pip Transfer
None.

Each claim is decided on its own merits.

More
8 years 6 months ago #144141 by oneandonly
Replied by oneandonly on topic Pip Transfer
Thought I had read somewhere on this forum with a Brain Injury have to be accessed by a doctor

More
8 years 6 months ago #144146 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Transfer

oneandonly wrote: Thought I had read somewhere on this forum with a Brain Injury have to be accessed by a doctor

There is no legal requirement for a doctor to perform an assessment due to the claimant having a particular condition or injury, only that the assessor meets the minimum requirements set by the DWP for Disability Assessment.

There does appear to be a procedural agreement between the DWP and the Assessment Providers (APs) that doctors will perform assessments for certain conditions, however, I cannot find a list of what those conditions are. Feedback from the forum would suggest that the "list" is not enforced on all occasions as we regularly hear of assessments being re-arranged so that a doctor is available, only to see other members with the same conditions being assessed by assessors with lower qualifications.

It is important to understand that you cannot insist that a doctor carries out an assessment, nor can you assume that one carried out by someone else is sub standard.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #144163 by ty
Replied by ty on topic Pip Transfer

Gordon wrote:

oneandonly wrote: There does appear to be a procedural agreement between the DWP and the Assessment Providers (APs) that doctors will perform assessments for certain conditions, however, I cannot find a list of what those conditions are.

Gordon

Gordon, does this help?
I had this bookmarked when doing my own research. I don't know if the link works, if not theres enough there to do a google search.

kittysjones.wordpress.com/2013/04/18/wha...ut-atos-assessments/

hth

ty

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #144172 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Pip Transfer
The link still works and is extemely useful.
Thank you for this.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.