× Members

Pip Transfer

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148721 by oneandonly
Replied by oneandonly on topic Pip Transfer
f. Cannot prepare and cook food.

Would it be fair to argue that because of myclonus jerks of the upper body, concentration issues and complex partial seizures without warning that its not safe to fulfill this descriptor and be awarded 8 points

If not which descriptor would I fit into
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148756 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip Transfer
Hi oao,

Certainly the fact that you don't get any warning of your seizures means that I think you should probably not be in the kitchen without supervision if possible. However, it is impossible to guess whether the assessor/decision maker will accept this.

All you can do is describe this the best you can, explaining what would happen if you were to have a seizure while preparing a meal. You will also need to explain why you would still not be safe with supervision/help, if that is indeed the case.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #148761 by oneandonly
Thought I could certainly argue because of the myclonus jerks its not safe to carry hot pans and surely supervison is only to watch and advise you not actually carry out the task in hand,

More
8 years 3 months ago #148771 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Transfer

oneandonly wrote: Thought I could certainly argue because of the myclonus jerks its not safe to carry hot pans and surely supervison is only to watch and advise you not actually carry out the task in hand,

Be careful of using hot pans as an example we have seen several Decision where the DM has argued that there is no specific requirement to carry a hot pan as the claimant could remove the cooked food from the pan using a suitable spoon.

AS a general comment, always try and think of different ways of doing an activity, like the spoon and then explain why this would still be an issue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #154914 by oneandonly
I live in the TS postcode area and have an dla indefinate award with a date of September 2017
Will they send me paperwork out March 2017 to transfer to Pip or will I be invited earlier to transfer over as I said earlier I am in the TS area postcode

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154918 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Pip Transfer

oneandonly wrote: I live in the TS postcode area and have an dla indefinate award with a date of September 2017
Will they send me paperwork out March 2017 to transfer to Pip or will I be invited earlier to transfer over as I said earlier I am in the TS area postcode

Hi oao,

Since October last year, your Postcode is irrelevant to the timing of your DLA to PIP transfer.

Having an Indefinite DLA award or a fixed term DLA award with an end date is also not relevant to when you will be transferred.

Though obviously with a fixed term DLA award, , you should receive your transfer to PIP "invite" at least 16-20 weeks before the end date.

All current DLA recipients who were under 65 years old on 08/04/13 will be "invited" to claim PIP at some time at random over the next 2-3 year period.

See : This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

&

PIP Self Test

I will merge your previous PIP topics with this one for continuity.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris