× Members

Pip reassessment today One-and -half hours long!

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155311 by slugsta
Hi Phrank,

I have merged your query with your previous topic where you asked questions about your PIP claim. It helps us enormously if everything related to the same claim is kept in one place!

I'm afraid we have given up trying to guess the outcome from the way the assessment was conducted, there really doesn't seem to be any consistency regarding this!

DWP seem to have built up a backlog of work again so decisions are taking longer than they used to. Members are reporting getting letters telling them that their DLA award has been extended, as a PIP decision has not been made, and apologising for the delay If you haven't heard anything in 6 weeks time I suggest you contact DWP to find out what is happening.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155318 by phrank
Thank you Mrs Hurtyback,

Sorry about that. I've bookmarked the page as you suggested. I didn't really expect to learn anything from the length of the re--assessment but just clinging on to the hope that it might just mean something.

One thing which is nagging at me, probably me being paranoid, is that my regular PIP payment is due to be paid to me on Monday and I'm just worrying that it may suddenly stop until a decision has been made.

Phrank.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155320 by slugsta
Your PIP will continue to be paid until a new decision is made (I assume you had a full year left when the reassessment started).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155323 by phrank
Once again, thank you Mrs Hurtyback.

Yes, I still had one year of my award notice left when they wrote to me. That's put my mind at rest for the time being. I'll keep you posted when I've heard anything or have any other queries.

Kind regards,

Phrank.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156981 by phrank
Hi everyone,

Well the dreaded brown envelope landed on my doormat this morning as soon as I heard the letter box my heart started thumping loudly. I've been on the edge of my seat for days unable to concentrate and making my fingers bleed through biting the skin because I've felt so stressed.

I was almost at the point of wishing I hadn't even bothered to go through the reassessment process,

Well guess what! Yipee! I've actually been awarded the high level mobility and standard daily living components - which is what I'd already been receiving - this is dated up till 2019 with the letter saying they will be writing to me in March 2018!!!!

Thank you for all your support and help without which I wouldn't have been able to continue with my claim renewal.

All I can say is to everyone who is in the same position - please don't give up as that's exactly what the DWP want you to do to make their life that much easier.

Once again, a million thanks to the moderators and the info on this site together with the forum posts that just make you get through what is an extremely difficult ordeal.

Kindest regards to everyone,

Phrank.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157013 by Gordon
phrank

Congratulations on the award and thank you for your comments.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.