× Members

Mandatory reconsideration question

More
8 years 1 week ago #157221 by Nysnanna
Replied by Nysnanna on topic PIP tribunal query
Hi, my Grandson was awarded no PIP for either daily living or mobility - after requesting a MR he has been awarded standard rate for daily living. We are going to appeal. I have got the appeal form but am unsure how much detail and information they require at this stage. I sent about 12 documents and 10 typed pages of A4 for the MR. I now have another documents so far but not sure what to send.
I have recently heard about providing information with a 'submission' and now I'm confused of what to send and when to send it. What is the submission?
Should I just send everything I've got with the claim form including my typed reasoning, which references the points I'm querying with the evidence in the documents, or should I send in minimal information and send the rest later??
Just realised that I do not have a copy of the HP's medical report and have requested this, although he did not have a face to face assessment so I'm not sure what this can say.

Do you think that it is possible that I will be able to request that I can take my grandson to see the venue before the day of the tribunal? He has autism and will be extremely stressed and anxious about th whole ordeal and it may reassure him a little if he sees the place first. I did think about a paper appeal but have decided that a face to face is better as this decision has been made without either him or us being seen or spoken to.
I am his appointee and will be representing him at the appeal.

Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157279 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory reconsideration question
Nysnanna

You don't have to go into detail as to your reasons for requesting an appeal, you would normally do this in a separate submission once the DWP have made theirs, this will include a copy of all the documents used in the making of the Decision.

The PIP Appeal guide explains how to complete the SSCS1.

As to your visiting the venue, once your appeal has been accepted and you have the address of the venue, give the Clerk of the Court a ring and they can tell you how to go about this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.