× Members

dla to pip

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155697 by elsie1
dla to pip was created by elsie1
just how many hours or minutes do you need each day to be eligible for p.i.p. care. i was turned down on d.l.a. a few years ago because it didn't meet an hour a day, even though i met the correct criteria for each question i failed on the time limit. is it still the same for p.i.p.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155702 by elsie1
Replied by elsie1 on topic dla to pip
hello everybody, can anyone inform me how to assess hours and minutes for daily care routines. my condition is variable and i have several conditions some are connected. i was turned down for the care component on d.l.a. as i didn't need an hour a day for my help, is this still the same for p.i.p. thank you

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155704 by elsie1
hi, i am filling in a p.i.p. claim and i am moving from d.l.a. the main problem i have is the mobility question. i currently receive the higher rate on d.l.a. my conditions vary greatly some days i can hardly walk to the bathroom from my bedroom which is next door, other days i can walk approx 25 mts in great pain or i would need to rest because of fatigue. if i put i can do the later my higher rate is gone, if i put i can walk up to 20 mts which is true on some days i get it. what can i do i don't want them saying i have put a fraudulent claim in if i say i can only walk up to 20mts.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155706 by elsie1
can i still get my free bus pass from GMPTE (given for limited mobility) if i get the standard rate mobility on pip. and are there any other benefits i can have with the standard rate, i think i will loose the higher rate i had on DLA when i am transferred to PIP very shortly.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155731 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic dla to pip

elsie1 wrote: can i still get my free bus pass from GMPTE (given for limited mobility) if i get the standard rate mobility on pip. and are there any other benefits i can have with the standard rate, i think i will loose the higher rate i had on DLA when i am transferred to PIP very shortly.

This is not something that we deal with on the forum!

I have had a look at the TGM site and the criteria are not clearly defined there does not appear to be an automatic qualification based on either PIP or DLA that I can see. The following page has details of what criteria you need to meet.

www.tfgm.com/journey_planning/Tickets/Pa..._fares_disabled.aspx

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: elsie1

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155736 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic dla to pip

elsie1 wrote: hi, i am filling in a p.i.p. claim and i am moving from d.l.a. the main problem i have is the mobility question. i currently receive the higher rate on d.l.a. my conditions vary greatly some days i can hardly walk to the bathroom from my bedroom which is next door, other days i can walk approx 25 mts in great pain or i would need to rest because of fatigue. if i put i can do the later my higher rate is gone, if i put i can walk up to 20 mts which is true on some days i get it. what can i do i don't want them saying i have put a fraudulent claim in if i say i can only walk up to 20mts.

All of the PIP activities must be completed reliably and on the majority of days not to score points, I would suggest you have a good read of the PIP Claim guide and in particular the sections that cover these two points, this should allow you to complete the PIP2 form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: elsie1

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.