× Members

dla to pip

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155738 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic dla to pip

elsie1 wrote: hello everybody, can anyone inform me how to assess hours and minutes for daily care routines. my condition is variable and i have several conditions some are connected. i was turned down for the care component on d.l.a. as i didn't need an hour a day for my help, is this still the same for p.i.p. thank you

You're making it difficult for us to answer your questions by repeating them and posting in multiple topics, can I ask you to make any further posting in this topic only.

Whilst DLA considers the amount of care that a claimant needs, PIP looks at the severity and breadth of their problems. See the PIP claim guide for details if the criteria against which you are being assessed.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155739 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic dla to pip

elsie1 wrote: hi, i am filling in a p.i.p. claim and i am moving from d.l.a. the main problem i have is the mobility question. i currently receive the higher rate on d.l.a. my conditions vary greatly some days i can hardly walk to the bathroom from my bedroom which is next door, other days i can walk approx 25 mts in great pain or i would need to rest because of fatigue. if i put i can do the later my higher rate is gone, if i put i can walk up to 20 mts which is true on some days i get it. what can i do i don't want them saying i have put a fraudulent claim in if i say i can only walk up to 20mts.

You need to use extra space to explain in detail how your mobility is affected -
'On my bad days I cannot walk at all. I am affected like this 2 days a week.
On my good days I can walk 25 meters, but only with a lot of pain and only once. I have 1 good day a month' etc.

The PIP guide talks you through this in detail

PIP help for claimants

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155763 by elsie1
Replied by elsie1 on topic dla to pip
thank you so much for your reply it is good of you to take the time to do this. i will certainly try and explain as above.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.