× Members

Different forms ??

More
8 years 1 week ago #160504 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Different forms ??
Valerie

You're now in the time slot where we would expect a Tribunal result to be implemented.

I would not do anything more than chase them at the moment, but if it goes another couple of weeks then I would make a formal complaint to the DWP and involve your MP.

Complaining to the DWP

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #160514 by Valerie
Replied by Valerie on topic Different forms ??
Thank you Gordon ..it is like being in a day tunnel with no light at the end
Valerie

More
8 years 22 hours ago #160960 by Valerie
Well dispite another three phone calls, still passing the buck .....I was told last week by a manager who says it is still in the hands of the case managers ! I asked to speak to them and she said she would forward an e mail asking them to phone me and giving them 5 days to respond ....they didn't ...just phoned again and she has put it as urgent and they need to phone me within 3 hours ...
When I say I am his representative and have been for a number of years now plus they send letter addressed to me as well as David ....they ask was I interviewed by the department to be his representative

More
8 years 18 hours ago #160974 by Gordon
Valerie

Are you your son's appointee? This is a legal role agreed to by the DWP, they would normally interview the proposed appointee and the claimant before they agree to the role.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 17 hours ago #160991 by Valerie
No Gordon ...in all these years I was never asked just put down as representative on all the forms for tribunals etc ...and letters have always come to me ....and they do have my details ...
It is now way past when they said they would phone ....what now ?
Valerie

More
8 years 17 hours ago #160993 by Gordon

Valerie wrote: No Gordon ...in all these years I was never asked just put down as representative on all the forms for tribunals etc ...and letters have always come to me ....and they do have my details ...
It is now way past when they said they would phone ....what now ?
Valerie

If you are not your son's appointee and have not been legally declared his Deputy or Attorney then you have no legal right to act on his behalf, the DWP appear to be ignoring this at the moment, but if they change their minds then this will severely limit your ability to contact them on his behalf. You should consider becoming his appointee. See

www.gov.uk/become-appointee-for-someone-claiming-benefits

As to the calls, I think you will now have to make a formal complaint.

Complaining to the DWP

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.