× Members

esa appeal

More
7 years 11 months ago #158324 by lily
Replied by lily on topic esa appeal
Thanks Gordon appreciate the advice, and yes I was found fit for work which is why I appealed, so was just wondering why im being awarded esa until jan 2017 if they said that iam fit for work in their opinion, I just don't know what to think , the whole process has broken me more than my illness .Do you think they've made a decision without the appeal going ahead? Hate phoning them up, your made to feel like you shouldn't be ill., sorry just how I feel everytime I talk to them, thanks again for any advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158326 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa appeal

lily wrote: Thanks Gordon appreciate the advice, and yes I was found fit for work which is why I appealed, so was just wondering why im being awarded esa until jan 2017 if they said that iam fit for work in their opinion, I just don't know what to think , the whole process has broken me more than my illness .Do you think they've made a decision without the appeal going ahead? Hate phoning them up, your made to feel like you shouldn't be ill., sorry just how I feel everytime I talk to them, thanks again for any advice.

The DWP do look at appeals in advance of an Appeal hearing and whilst I is quite rare they can make a Decision more in the favour of the claimant than the original one, in which case your appeal will be lapsed (cancelled).

I'm afraid you'll need to contact them or get someone to phone or your behalf to get confirmation of the award and to find out what group you have been placed into, a more favourable Decision could be a WRAG placement, so if you were aiming for the Support Group, you may need to make a new appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lily

More
7 years 11 months ago #158344 by lily
Thank you Gordon, your a star, I ll phone them and let you know how I get on if that's ok? Once again thank you for all your and fellow moderators advice and helpful words, otherwise I wouldn't know where to start.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 11 months ago #158359 by Gordon

lily wrote: Thank you Gordon, your a star, I ll phone them and let you know how I get on if that's ok? Once again thank you for all your and fellow moderators advice and helpful words, otherwise I wouldn't know where to start.

No problem :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #160971 by lily
Hi there everyone, hope everyone well and not in too much pain.Hope someone can throw some light on this for me, I have just had a letter saying iv been placed in support group, my appeal was to be heard on the the 27th june? , does that mean they've have came to a decision without the appeal going ahead? and also ,it states that the decision is from the 10/1/16 , when this nightmare began for me,! does that mean I will be due support group backdated pay from that date or todays date ,when I got this letter? My rheumatologist said she would support my appeal with a letter, im assuming this did the world of good as she was very supportive of my plight and couldn't believe I was being put through the wringer with all this stress, and on top of my many medical problems was being told to look for a job, I can barely walk,and most days my hands and arms don't work because of the excruciating pain! Anyway hope someone can shine some light on what I do now, I live alone and have been crushed and broken by all of this, I don't know what to do now, thanks to anyone in advance who can help.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160983 by Gordon
Lily

Is this a new letter? You received one just over a month ago where we speculated that you may have been placed in the SG.

If it is then it sounds as if the DWP have revised their previous Decision in your favour, the appeal panel would not have done this any earlier than the day of your hearing.

Congratulations :)

An award should be backdated to when the DWP found you Fit for Work.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: lily

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.