× Members

pip tribunal

More
8 years 2 days ago #157705 by MJ
pip tribunal was created by MJ
Hi I have my tribunal next week for pip and I'm really stressed I have emotionally unstable personality disorder,ptsd and maladaptive coping skills my mum has sorted all my forms on my behalf I wouldn't have been able to do any of this without her I'm in the esa support group as well tbh we don't know what to take as evidence that would help any recommendations would be great.TIA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 day ago #157711 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic pip tribunal
Hello Michael

In case you aren't aware, your full name is showing at the top of your post. If you want to change this, will you go to 'Frequently asked Questions', where it will explain how to change your name.

In answer to your question, any recent supportive evidence, from any of your support 'team' - your GP, Consultant, carer will do. Your Mum could write a short description of the help she has to give you, perhaps in the form of a diary, and this would help the assessor see exactly how much care you need and what form that care takes.

You're already in the esa support group so the evidence which you initially provided obviously supports the amount of care you need. Just add to that any recent letters etc. from your care team and I don't think you can do any more than that. It's very stressful for you; I'm sorry you have to cope with that. Good luck with the Tribunal. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJ

More
8 years 1 day ago #157719 by Rh
Replied by Rh on topic pip tribunal
When I went to appeal for DLA I took my ESA letter which stated I was in support group.

The tribunal seemed to agree when I stated that DWP have accepted in not well enough to work but won't accept my care needs have increased.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carol

More
8 years 1 day ago #157730 by Starmaster
Replied by Starmaster on topic pip tribunal
Hello,

I hope you don't mind me answering,I'm just a standard forum member and quite new here.

I have had a PIP Tribunal,last year.I attended on my own.

I don't know if they're all quite similar,but I was extremely worried about mine.However,the panel were really understanding,and as I had medical evidence,they were quite quick to make a positive decision.I also (with the help of a disability rights assistant)wrote a short summary of my health conditions,and my day to day to life,which the Tribunal stated were very helpful,as they often just have to sift through lots of information,which they can find hard to understand.I think they really appreciate this.

I would say that having pretty good medical evidence (from a GP or health professional,family,someone who knows you)is very advantageous.If you need more time to get this,you can contact the Tribunal office to delay the Tribunal,but you might want to check if you have time to do that as you say your Tribunal is next week.I asked for extra time.They gave me an extra 2 or 3 weeks.

The panel included someone with experience of disability issues,who was also very understanding.

As with all things related to benefits,being prepared and using the guides on Benefits and Work is very important.

Hope this helps.Good Luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, MJ

More
8 years 1 day ago #157784 by MJ
Replied by MJ on topic pip tribunal
I have asked ESA for a copy of the assessment twice as I thought that might be more evidence and still I have received nothing.
I

More
8 years 1 day ago #157811 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip tribunal

MJ wrote: I have asked ESA for a copy of the assessment twice as I thought that might be more evidence and still I have received nothing.
I

The assessment report will be in the DWP's submission to the Tribunal that you should have received some weeks ago.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJ

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.