× Members

Awaiting Phone call from appeal?

• Stephen David Winder
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #157726 by Stephen David Winder
Replied by Stephen David Winder on topic Awaiting Phone call from appeal?
Hello,
Like a lot of others who were claiming DLA my wife was told to change to PIP. Cutting a long story short, she was refused even though she had been in receipt of DLA for 18 years. We followed what they said in order to appeal, & was told that a "Senior Manager" would phone her with the next 3 months? Should she miss this call "TWICE" her claim would end?
Not having a mobile phone & relying on a Landline, my wife is having to stay indoors a "virtual Prisoner" awaiting this call?
Needless to say I have involved my M.P. plus have written to Ministers at DWP over this. I am convinced that this is a Breach of her Human Rights ---as it is for anyone else undergoing this Imprisonment & am awaiting a reply. I intend to take this all the way should the reply be unfavourable. I consider this to be akin to an Electronic Tag for the use of Offenders & ordered by a Magistrate! Just shows how the DWP look upon anyone who wishes to appeal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #157738 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Awaiting Phone call from appeal?
Hi Stephen,

I have merged your query with the other questions and comments relating to your wife's PIP claim. It helps us enormously if everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place, especially when - like yours - it is less than straightforward. I hope you will also find it useful.

I'm afraid I really don't understand what is happening here!
Claimants used to be phoned during the Mandatory Reconsideration process but that rarely happens now. Even then, if the claimant did not answer the phone the worst that would happen is that a decision would be made without speaking to them.

Once the MR has been decided and a formal appeal has been accepted by the Tribunal Service (which is the stage I think you are at with your wife's case?) there is no further reason for the DWP to contact you directly.

Have you spoken to a DWP manager about this? If not, that is what I would suggest. That involves a 'call back' which can take several hours so we usually suggest making the call early in the day if you can.

Please reply to this message and let us know what is happening, I will be very interested to know! You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.