× Members

Need Some Advice!!

More
7 years 11 months ago #157739 by abundancexx
Need Some Advice!! was created by abundancexx
Hi wonder if someone can advise me!!

I currently get ESA (support group) and DLA lower rate component on both parts (been awarded till 2020) I was recently sent a ESA50 questionnaire to complete, questionnaire has been sent off now to the assessment centre. (Thanks to your informative guides)

Whilst filling out the form and referring to my previous DLA application (that I photocopied) my conditions have become worse and the level of help I receive has increased. I'm a little worried alerting DLA about the deteriorating changes in my health for the fear of having to fill out a PIP form. The thought of filling out another form is so unbearable and stressful !!

In my recent ESA50 I filled out, I did explain that the level of help I recieve has increased and that my medical conditions have become worse. Would they use this information to review my current DLA award or do you think it's better to call DLA and explain how my conditions have become worse and that the level of help I receive has increased?

I'm just trying to avoid filling out another lengthy form it's too much stress for me. Iam aware that I will be asked sometime in the future to apply for PIP but could do without completing another form for now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #157757 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Need Some Advice!!
Hi Jadine and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

We have never yet seen a benefits assessment trigger the reassessment of a different benefit, so your ESA should have no effect on your DLA claim. Especially as your condition has deteriorated and DWP might have to pay out more! There is only a problem with not notifying a change of circumstances if the claimant has improved and is, therefore, now being overpaid.

In addition to that, there is very little communication between the various DWP departments.

So, I think your DLA is safe for now. Of course, the switch to PIP will come eventually but I don't think you need to worry yet.

You might wish to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with questions or comments rather than having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously if everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 11 months ago #157777 by abundancexx
Replied by abundancexx on topic Need Some Advice!!
Thank you Mrs Hurtyback for your quick reply.

I was under the impression that the ESA50 could be used to look at my DLA claim again (noted in the guides on this site) this is why I was wondering if I should call the DLA to notify that my conditions have become worse, as it claerly shows this on my ESA50 questionnaire.

If I was to call the DLA and notify them of conditions becoming worse, would that trigger for them to send me out a PIP claim form.? As I have not been invited to claim PIP as yet.

More
7 years 11 months ago #157778 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Need Some Advice!!

Jadine wrote: Thank you Mrs Hurtyback for your quick reply.

I was under the impression that the ESA50 could be used to look at my DLA claim again (noted in the guides on this site) this is why I was wondering if I should call the DLA to notify that my conditions have become worse, as it claerly shows this on my ESA50 questionnaire.

If I was to call the DLA and notify them of conditions becoming worse, would that trigger for them to send me out a PIP claim form.? As I have not been invited to claim PIP as yet.

Unless you are in N. Ireland where it would be a DLA re-assessment (you have about 6 weeks left), any notification on a change in condition will result in a invitation to claim PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #157785 by abundancexx
Thank you Gordon for your reply

I'm just so scared to trigger a pip application with the fear or being turned down, even though I'm in receipt of DLA presently. I had a terrible experience with claiming DLA that ended up at the tribunal. Although I won and was awarded DLA it's the whole thought of maybe having to go through that again by applying for pip. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say

More
7 years 11 months ago #157786 by abundancexx
If I was to claim PIP would I still get my DLA while waiting a decision on PIP?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.