× Members

DWP contacting my employer (PIP)

More
8 years 4 months ago #146754 by Natalie
DWP contacting my employer (PIP) was created by Natalie
I have a chronic autoimmune disease which affects my mobility and dexterity, causes fatigue etc. I do work, but things like washing and dressing are difficult and I have a paid carer come in to help me get u and dressed in the morning as I dont want to lay responsibility with my children. I received a PIP award for 3 years in 2013, exactly a year before my award expired (30/07/2015) I received a letter inviting me to reapply. So even though it was a year early I complied and received exactly the same award again in September. I have now received another form with a letter telling me they are "looking again" at my PIP.

It was only awarded at the end of September/beginning of October. No explanation why, jut that they are looking at it again. Surely this is unreasonable to make me go through the whole process just 3 months after a decision was made. Nothing has changed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #146765 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic DWP contacting my employer (PIP)
Yes it is unreasonable but that never stopped them.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146771 by Natalie
Replied by Natalie on topic DWP contacting my employer (PIP)
I meant "reasonable" in the legal sense. Is there anything in any legislation, I've seen it described on .gov as "appropriate" length of time for review. Is there guidance on what is "appropriate"? Knowing how the DWP are behaving, I doubt there is any point in just contacting them to moan about it, and having something concrete would be more advantageous. I can't see any justification in changing my award, I got 16 points both times I was assessed.

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #146773 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic DWP contacting my employer (PIP)
I would suggest you contact your MP and ask them if they think its reasonable for one of their constituents to be harrassed in this way.
I apologise for my flippancy. I've been dealing with the DWP for decades under its various incarnations and regimes and they are a rule unto themselves. Even when they're wrong they will never admit it.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146785 by Teddington
Replied by Teddington on topic DWP contacting my employer (PIP)
Hi Natalie,
Same thing happened to me . I has my PIP reassessment in May and been awarded . In august I received another PIP form . İ was so confused as my last review was only 4 months ago . I wrote a letter and enclosed copy of my recent award. Two weeks later , I received reply from DWP. They didn't explain anything why that happened but they resent my current award again.
On my letter , I question why I was sent another form and also asked if I have to fill it as I only filled my resent one few months ago. I also put my doctors letters too along with my letter . I was mentally ready to fill that new form just in case. I am glad I didn't need to.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Natalie

More
8 years 4 months ago #146802 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DWP contacting my employer (PIP)
Natalie, I would suggest that you contact DWP and ask whether you do need to complete this. It is not impossible for this to be a scheduled review but it is rather unusually early. If you are told to ignore the form, make sure you get this in writing! Failing that, I'm afraid you will have to continue with the process :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.