× Members

DWP contacting my employer (PIP)

More
7 years 11 months ago #158246 by Doris
Replied by Doris on topic DWP contacting my employer (PIP)
I've know two other similar case's similar to the OPs.

CAB advise you don't have to notify PIP on a return to work; equally you don't have to tell your employer. Providing your work activities don't clash with your PIP descriptors, then there shouldn't be an issue either way.

By keeping health matters personal, you cut down the risk of workplace busybodies.

Reasonable adjustments for disabled people are made in the workplace on the basis of a medical assessment, or medical - ironically, possibly carried out by Capita regardless of any PIP or DLA claim.

However, I can understand why some people would notify PIP of a return to work, but equally, you wouldn't tell them you were taking a job as a roofer with no wheel chair lift to the eves of the house :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158262 by Natalie
Replied by Natalie on topic DWP contacting my employer (PIP)
I didnt actually notify them when I was off work, it was unrelated to my disability (I had a cancer diagnosis and needed surgery and subsequent chemotherapy) It didnt fall within the remit of PIP (I hadnt had it for 6 months and at the moment no longer have it) and it didnt make any difference to my other health related disabilities.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158268 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DWP contacting my employer (PIP)
I am so sorry Natalie, this must be the last thing you need! :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Natalie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.