× Members

DWP contacting my employer (PIP)

More
7 years 11 months ago #158169 by Natalie
Replied by Natalie on topic DWP contacting my employer (PIP)
Yes they've always known that I work, I talked about my work and the support I have in the assessments. There is nothing I haven't told them and nothing new (other than a further illness that has meant I've had a month off work, but on full pay so no further benefits claimed).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158183 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP contacting my employer (PIP)

Natalie wrote: Yes they've always known that I work, I talked about my work and the support I have in the assessments. There is nothing I haven't told them and nothing new (other than a further illness that has meant I've had a month off work, but on full pay so no further benefits claimed).

How old is the letter? It may be that it was issued as part of the assessment process and has only just arrived.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #158188 by Natalie
It came today, I was awarded last Sept/October time.

Something that has struck me though, I'm not sure I ever told them where I work. I talked about the kind of work I do but not who my employer is.

I'm wondering if someone has been trying to be vindictive.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158201 by Natalie
Okay so I rang PIP, who knew nothing about it, I then rang the number on the letter and it is the fraud and error department. Someone within my workplace has reported me for claiming PIP fraudulently (I'm not).

When they get the form back they will interview me under caution if necessary. Not quite sure what does and doesnt warrant necessity.

Interestingly the man who is investigating wasnt impressed that my boss had told me about the letter and said it was meant to be confidential. I'm not convinced on the legalities of that.

I havent lied, so should be okay, but I feel sick. :( I could qualify for ESA, but I need to work to keep me sane.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158214 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP contacting my employer (PIP)

Natalie wrote: Okay so I rang PIP, who knew nothing about it, I then rang the number on the letter and it is the fraud and error department. Someone within my workplace has reported me for claiming PIP fraudulently (I'm not).

When they get the form back they will interview me under caution if necessary. Not quite sure what does and doesnt warrant necessity.

Interestingly the man who is investigating wasnt impressed that my boss had told me about the letter and said it was meant to be confidential. I'm not convinced on the legalities of that.

I havent lied, so should be okay, but I feel sick. :( I could qualify for ESA, but I need to work to keep me sane.

I'm afraid this was the last option available.

As you have disclosed that you are working there shouldn't be an issue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #158242 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DWP contacting my employer (PIP)
Many people think that the system allows for 'work' or 'benefits' and cannot comprehend that it can be quite proper to claim full rate DLA/PIP and also work full time!

I'm sorry this has happened to you though, it must feel horrible to think that a colleague has made allegations behind your back. As you say, DWP know that you work and you have been truthful throughout, so this should all be sorted with minimal fuss. The investigators know that there are many false reports!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.