× Members

how long do overpayment take to sort out?

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #157746 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Overpayment
Hi John,

I have merged your query with the rest of your topic relating to this issue. It does help us enormously if everything relating to the same case is kept in one place.

I'm afraid it is impossible to say how long this might take, DWP are not known for being speedy!

You might like to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can return to it easily in future. I hope you will also find it useful to have everything in the same place :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #157782 by john
Replied by john on topic ESA Overpayment
Ok how long does it take them to request bank statements surly not months?

More
7 years 11 months ago #157783 by john
Ok any ideas of time frames? Weeks months?
Also when they request bank statements how long does that take my friend why does it take months

More
7 years 11 months ago #157809 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Overpayment

john wrote: Ok any ideas of time frames? Weeks months?
Also when they request bank statements how long does that take my friend why does it take months

Forgive me but it's unclear from your latest post if you are asking about the time it will take your friend to get copies of their bank statements or the time it will take the DWP to do something with them once they have received them?

The last time I had to ask my bank for an old statement they quoted six weeks but it actually only took a couple.

If it is the DWP, then it will likely depend on how many other cases the team looking at your friends claim are dealing with, unfortunately they are not operating to a required timescale, about the only thing that your friend can do is to is to involve their MP, it's not guaranteed but they can sometimes expedite the process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #157823 by john
Hi
How can his MP expedite it? And make it faster ? Is there a template that the MP needs to complete or what should the MP be saying in his letter to the DWP

More
7 years 11 months ago #157827 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Overpayment

john wrote: Hi
How can his MP expedite it? And make it faster ? Is there a template that the MP needs to complete or what should the MP be saying in his letter to the DWP

They ay be able to do nothing, there may be a legal process being followed and they cannot interfere if there is, but if the file is sitting on someone's desk waiting for them to get to it then involving an MP often results in the fill being the next one they pick up.

There's no template just contact the MP. See

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.