× Members

NEW AA CLAIM DIABETIC TYPE 1

More
7 years 11 months ago #159275 by Mel B
Replied by Mel B on topic NEW AA CLAIM DIABETIC TYPE 1
Hi Gordon

Many thanks for your fantastic help top man as always. :cheer:

Mel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160340 by Mel B
Hello again,

Some advice please :) My wife is a type 1 diabetic and has turned 65 . Has been on DLA for 3 years on enhanced Higher day / night rate. She has unawarness.
The forms arrived and they look exactly the same as the old DLA forms near as dam it the same except for a change of wording for night care. There seems to be two night care critera's.

Lower Rate.

Help with personal care frequently throughout the day.
Help with personal care during the night
Someone to supervise you continually throughout the day to help you avoid substantial danger.
Someone to watch over you at night to help you avoid substantial danger.

Higher Rate.

Help with personal care or someone to supervise you throughtout the day and also the night.

I cant understand were the differance is between the Lower and Higher night rate. Someone to watch over you at night to help you avoid substantial danger seems to me to be more important than for the higher rate of personal care and supervision thoughtout the night. I'm confused. :unsure:

My wife has hypo's during the day and night, I supervise her day and night and watch over her both day and night so to avoid substantial danger and also helping with personal care day and night when having attacks! I am awake three times per night checking she is alright.

Please could you carify this differance, thanks. :)

Would I be right in saying as her condition is the same as when she was on DLA she stands a good chance of AA ? If thats not correct ...why ??

Kind regards

Mel B

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #160390 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic NEW AA CLAIM DIABETIC TYPE 1
Hi Mel,

I have merged your query with the previous topic about your wife's PIP claim as it is helpful to have all the history available. You will find this easily if you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now.

The different between the criteria for lower and higher rates of AA are that low rate requires the claimant to need care day or night and high rate is day and night.

You would think that your wife should stand a fair chance of getting AA, as long as her limitations are presented in terms the assessor and Decision Maker can understand. However, nothing is guaranteed when dealing with DWP! :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160402 by Mel B
Hello and thanks for reply. I see what you mean. Cheers

Kind regards

Mel B :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris