× Members

NEW AA CLAIM DIABETIC TYPE 1

More
8 years 50 minutes ago #159136 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic NEW AA CLAIM DIABETIC TYPE 1

Mel B wrote: Hi Gordon

To be clear are you saying it may not be worth the trouble with MR and Appeal and throw in the towel?
A type 1 diabetic with these specific issues cannot be helped because of the new critera.. To make it impossible to meet the critera because she is normal most of the time like a person with epilepsy and ignore the rest therefore a person with epilepsy would also not meet the critera and gain zero points in PIP. ??

Kind regards

Mel

No I am most certainly not saying this, but it will not be an easy task. Providing your doing so is not having a negative impact on your wife, then you have nothing to lose by pursuing the issue. I'm doubtful that the DWP will revise the Decision at MR but an appeal panel will have more open minds about your wife's situation although this does not guarantee success.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159229 by Mel B
Replied by Mel B on topic NEW AA CLAIM DIABETIC TYPE 1
Hi Gordon
Thanks for your last reply and I agree that it will not be easy. Over the weekend I have had time to reflect on this issue and have had some sort of an brain storm Ureaka moment. These are my thoughts !

My wife was on DLA for three years and was awarded High rate Day and Night entitlement . At that time she was 62 and was invited to apply for PIP at 64. She is 65 next month and could claim AA.
The critera for AA is exactly the same as DLA and it fits her circumstances like a glove an exact match and without all this difficulty for PIP entitlement.

So we forget the PIP MR and appeal, wait till after the 15th June when she turns 65 and then apply for AA
As she had these awards for DLA, I cannot see an issue with AA as she meets all the critera laid down by the DWP.

I would have thought the DWP would in this instantance , because of her age advised her to apply either for PIP at 64 or wait till 65 on the15th June at age 65 and start a new claim for AA or am I a dreamer ??? :ohmy:

Kind regards

Mel

More
7 years 11 months ago #159251 by Gordon
Mel B

Yes you have the option of making a new claim for PIP before she is 65, or a claim for AA after she turns 65, please be aware that AA has no mobility component.

Both of these can be done in addition to appealing the original PIP Decision although there are implications for an on going award for both.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159255 by Mel B
Replied by Mel B on topic NEW AA CLAIM DIABETIC TYPE 1
Hi Gordon

Many thanks for reply and thanks for confirming my brain storm. Nice one :cheer:

She is fine walking when blood sugar is normal so have never claimed for Mobility umless she gets nerve issues, hope not.

She has decided not to go to PIP / MR route but wait for her birthday and ask for AA claim form.

Is there any formal rules concerning the PIP situation to advise them we accept the ruling or just leave it as it is and move on to AA.?

Cheers

Mel

More
7 years 11 months ago #159261 by Gordon
Mel B

You only need to contact them if your challenging the Decision, Good luck with the AA claim.

Gordon

More
7 years 11 months ago #159262 by Gordon
Mel B

Just to add, you can make a late challenge to the PIP Decision up to 13 months are the date it was made, although the DWP do not have to accept your reasons for it being late.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.