× Members

pip queries

More
7 years 10 months ago #161784 by Maggie belle
Replied by Maggie belle on topic pip queries
Need some help in filling in my pip form plz. Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #161993 by Maggie belle
Replied by Maggie belle on topic pip queries
can you advise me plz, im in the process of filling in my pip form, it is asking for additonal info from health professionals, i have recently moved to a new area, havent saw much of my new doc to discuss in great detail my condition, he knows what i suffer from thats about it, he writes repeat prescriptions for me on a 2 monthly basis, but hasnt really spoke about my condition in detail, how can i explain to pip about this?? also the last health care professional i dealt with was several years ago when i was given appliances to help me and my family deal with my condition, would my details still b held with them as it was about 5 years ago now, ? should i say this to them on my form?? many thanks. Maggie

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #162002 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip queries
Hi Maggie Belle,

I have merged all your queries regarding your PIP into one topic for you. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and hopefully you will find it useful too.

You will simply have to tell DWP what you have told us. You can put it in the 'additional information' section if you wish. You won't be the only person to be in this situation and you can't provide what you haven't got!

It might be helpful to request sight of your GP records and take copies of anything that you think will be helpful (there will probably be a charge for this). However, it depends on how long ago you registered with this new surgery as paper records can take several months to reach the new GP.

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

You can certainly request a copy of reports from other agencies but I would expect them all to have a protocol of destroying paperwork after a certain length of time (as do DWP).

Whether you would be able to get any of this done in time to submit your PIP form is another matter!

If you have further questions/comments about your PIP claim please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie belle

More
7 years 9 months ago #162009 by Littlebipolar
Replied by Littlebipolar on topic pip queries
I don't know how much weight it will give to your application but may be worth making an appointment to see your doctor going threw everything regarding your health conditions with them and then request a letter ? I know my doctor charged £25 for writing a letter and I don't know how much difference it would make to your app as I have been called in for an assessment . One thing I'm gutted about is that I didn't sign up to this sites subscription before I filled my form out :( but I would advice like you have been above to follow their guide it's worth its weight in gold ! All the best , I myself know just how stressful all this is x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie belle

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.