× Members

DLA To PIP Letter Recieved

More
7 years 9 months ago #162165 by freefee
DLA To PIP Letter Recieved was created by freefee
what I would like to know is if the assessment used for the DLA to pip can be used to assess your ESA as I have been waiting a long time, I returned the forms at the end of 2013 for ESA reassessment and have heard nothing , or are the two benefits treated separately by the assessors? the letter also says I have until the 20th July to apply for PIP, should I phone up early or leave it a while? I received the letter about a week ago, thanks in advance, obviously my main worry is losing my pip then my ESA support group payment being affected by this assessment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #162169 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA To PIP Letter Recieved
Hi freefee,

Sorry to hear that you have received the PIP 'invitation' :(

The criteria for PIP and ESA are very different, after all, it is entirely possible to be on enhanced rate PIP and work full time! The two benefits are assessed separately and we have never heard of a negative PIP result triggering an ESA reassessment, or vice verse.

It is likely that a decision has been made on your ESA but the letter gone astray. However, as you are currently in the SG, I understand why you might want to leave well alone!

It is entirely up to you when you phone to initiate the PIP claim. When mine came through I was going on holiday so I phoned straight away rather than risk the forms arriving while I was away and time being wasted. You might have personal reasons for wanting to start it straight away - or not.

Our PIP guide details the information you will need to hand when you make the initial phone call - and don't forget to make full use of it when completing the PIP2 form.

The criteria for PIP are very different from those for DLA, so make sure you understand the descriptors against which you will be measured.

PIP help for claimants

It would help us enormously if you were to keep this topic for PIP queries and keep any issues regarding your ESA separate. You will find this easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: freefee

More
7 years 9 months ago #162761 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic DLA To PIP Letter Recieved
hi, I phoned the DWP 1/7/16 to apply for PIP From DLA, Was made to feel like a criminal for daring to ask, maybe this is how they treat everyone? received a text 4/7/16 stating forms had been sent out, received post today, 7/7/16, still no sign of claim forms, could you please let me know if this is normal? as I would have expected to have received them by now, if you know the average time it takes for someone to receive forms after they have been sent out that would be helpful, also if I have not received them by tomorrow should I phone them up to let them know? any guidance would be welcome, thanks in advance

More
7 years 9 months ago #162770 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA To PIP Letter Recieved

freefee wrote: hi, I phoned the DWP 1/7/16 to apply for PIP From DLA, Was made to feel like a criminal for daring to ask, maybe this is how they treat everyone? received a text 4/7/16 stating forms had been sent out, received post today, 7/7/16, still no sign of claim forms, could you please let me know if this is normal? as I would have expected to have received them by now, if you know the average time it takes for someone to receive forms after they have been sent out that would be helpful, also if I have not received them by tomorrow should I phone them up to let them know? any guidance would be welcome, thanks in advance

We would expect a PIP2 to be received 7-10 days after the initial phone call, as tomorrow is Friday, it wouldn't hurt to chase them up about it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #165774 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic DLA To PIP Letter Recieved
hi, got a text of the DWP today, which said "we've now got all the info we need to decide your pip claim, we will send you a decision letter once we've made our decision, please call us if any details you gave us have changed. thank you. " which suggests to me that I won't need to attend a medical, just wondering if this is a good sign bad sign or indifferent sign, or if you have no idea? all answers welcome.
thanks in advance

More
7 years 8 months ago #165782 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA To PIP Letter Recieved

freefee wrote: hi, got a text of the DWP today, which said "we've now got all the info we need to decide your pip claim, we will send you a decision letter once we've made our decision, please call us if any details you gave us have changed. thank you. " which suggests to me that I won't need to attend a medical, just wondering if this is a good sign bad sign or indifferent sign, or if you have no idea? all answers welcome.
thanks in advance

It's a standard letter. It means that you possibly won't need a face2face interview but I'm afraid you can't draw any other conclusions from it. It could still be up to 8 weeks before you hear anything else from DWP.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.