× Members

DLA To PIP Letter Recieved

More
7 years 7 months ago #167468 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic DLA To PIP Letter Recieved
Congratulations fee fee. I posted earlier about text messages, I received one with confirmation they received my pip2 form but it said only that they might, (not would) need me to have a medical and would contact me if they do.I then got a text inviting me to call them if I was available as there were aplointments in my area. Turns out that was a generic text to try and fill cancelled slots.Furthermore, it was sent by general office staff before any medical assessors had even viewed the pip2 and evidence. I had requested home visit backed up by my gp. They have since granted this but even that could be jumping the gun asit seems it might yet be decided solely on the paperwork once a medical member of staff looks at it. Out of interest was your area covered by atos or capita?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #167517 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic DLA To PIP Letter Recieved
I have already posted a a message earlier in the day which may have been lost or is still being moderated, anyway I replied to someone else when it should have been to mick, regarding who would have done the medical, I don't know, as the award was I presume made by a decision maker at the DWP, I don't know if the mod's would know, I live in the west midlands, they may know who covers this area, I also wanted to know if the length of the award, 6 years was a long one? as I seem to see most people getting 2 year awards etc, I scored 8 points on both the elements of PIP, which gave me the standard rate for both, I also wanted to thank the site for the guide to filling in the forms, which I found helped enormously and I would recommend to anyone else going through the process to use

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #167566 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA To PIP Letter Recieved
You can find out the assessment provider for your area here

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...pip-postcode-map.pdf

As to the length of your award - we have seen everything from 1 year to 'ongoing'!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micksville

More
7 years 7 months ago #167740 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic DLA To PIP Letter Recieved
Congrats again fee fee. I understand. It's a decision direct from dwp as opposed to atos or capita. I got letter this week confirming a face2face with atos, but a home visit at least. Never had a face2face for either dla, Incap Ben or Esa as it was always done on paperwork. I definitely qualify for standard care on aids and adaptations alone, all provided by social services over the years. There can be little doubt on enhanced rate mobility imo so I can only imagine theyve simply decided its time somebody actually saw me, which Im relaxed about anyway, or perhaps I gave so much info on the care component issues that they need more info. I have several aids and adaptations in my home but despite this still require some assistance with various matters. Perhaps thats why theyre doing it as a face2face this time as opposed to on the paperwork. Time will tell. I guess the fact they accepted my mobility issues required a domicillary visit without too much fuss is a good sign.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.