× Members

DLA To PIP Letter Recieved

More
7 years 7 months ago #167381 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic DLA To PIP Letter Recieved
hi, good news received in the post today, I have been granted PIP at the same rate I am getting DLA until late 2022 without the need for a face to face consultation, by which I am amazed at, both the length of the award and not having to have a medical, my question is that my next DLA payment is due 13/9/16, but in the letter it says I will receive a payment, which is much lesser, 20/10/16 for money that they owe me from 28th September to 20th October 2016, it then says they will then pay my benefit into my account every 4 weeks in arrears on a Thursday, so will I still receive my DLA payments as normal until then? and I don't understand this lesser payment that they are paying 20th October? which seems to be a one off payment, I don't really want to phone them, so I was wondering if you could please enlighten me? thanks in advance
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #167394 by freefee
regarding my previous post, which is still being moderated, I think as I understand it, I will continue to receive DLA until 27/9/16 then PIP will kick in, and the lower payment is a part payment of PIP, then the payment should return to normal thereafter? does that sound about right?

More
7 years 7 months ago #167400 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA To PIP Letter Recieved
freefee

First of all congratulations on the award. Well done.

It's never been easy to check that you are receiving the right amount when being moved from DLA to PIP and the DWP seem intent on making it even more complicated by not following there own rules.

It should be a bit easier for you as the rates are not changing, but basically you need to wait until your PIP is in normal payment and then you can check what you have received during the transfer period.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: freefee

More
7 years 7 months ago #167406 by JeanCannon
Replied by JeanCannon on topic DLA To PIP Letter Recieved
Hi just had to say congratulations.
I am one of the many still dreading and waiting to change over to PIP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: freefee

More
7 years 7 months ago #167415 by freefee
just a note to anyone going through the process, I will give this advice, just be honest and get as much medical evidence as possible, given my half glass empty way of thinking, I nearly didn't apply for PIP, I decided if it was done fairly then I should still receive it, which has proved to be the case, good luck to anyone else going through the process, it is a worrying period, but if you have a disability go for it, hopefully I won't have to go through the process again until 2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 7 months ago #167424 by ploppy
Replied by ploppy on topic DLA To PIP Letter Recieved
You should ring them, I did and they were very nice and explained it to me.
Your payments sound very similar to the way they did mine.I passed PIP end of July.
I still received my DLA the following month, but they also told me I would receive another payment two weeks after that but they didn't know the amount. Then I would receive my first PIP payment the month after that but will be short roughly £100.
I still received my DLA in August, received another payment end of August for half the amount, then am getting first PIP end of Sept but £100 short. So really October for me my payments should be back to normal but also on a different day. I didn't feet I lost out but perhaps gained.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.