× Members

Help and advice on completing forms.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163193 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help and advice on completing forms.
Unite

Q1. You need to clarify with the DWP why they are calling this a Reconsideration as it does not meet any of the criteria for one!

The DWP only had two options with regard your mother's missing form; accept her reasons for it being missing and allow the claim to continue or close the claim and start a new one, I would expect the latter to be the most likely outcome.

In either case, the Reconsideration process has now completed. Any right of appeal would be in regard to the above, not the outcome of the current assessment, if she is not happy with the result of that assessment then she would need to start a new Reconsideration process.

If you have evidence that would support her claim then there is absolutely no value in holding it back, send it to the Assessment Provider.

Q2. (a) and (b) She should speak to her local CAB office they have more experience in this area than we do and will also have details of local charities that may be able to help.

(c) Speak to her Local Authority and ask for an occupational therapist to come out and do a review, they may be able to provide carers to assist with her needs.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163399 by Unite1801
Replied by Unite1801 on topic Help and advice on completing forms.

Gordon wrote: Unite

Q1. You need to clarify with the DWP why they are calling this a Reconsideration as it does not meet any of the criteria for one!

The DWP only had two options with regard your mother's missing form; accept her reasons for it being missing and allow the claim to continue or close the claim and start a new one, I would expect the latter to be the most likely outcome.

In either case, the Reconsideration process has now completed. Any right of appeal would be in regard to the above, not the outcome of the current assessment, if she is not happy with the result of that assessment then she would need to start a new Reconsideration process.

If you have evidence that would support her claim then there is absolutely no value in holding it back, send it to the Assessment Provider.

Gordon

Hi Gordon
Thank you for your reply.

Why would the "Reconsideration process in either case now be completed". - I don't understand this?

Because the initial form was not received they sent out the team to help me complete another one as the reason it was sent with no postal confirmation was My daughter finished it while she was in hospital with severe asthma and sepsis and posted it in the hospital postbox. As my daughter was so ill they sent help to do another form and sent me a txt saying it was now under mandatory reconsideration.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163403 by Gordon

Unite1801 wrote: Hi Gordon
Thank you for your reply.

Why would the "Reconsideration process in either case now be completed". - I don't understand this?

MRs are carried out in relation to a specific Decision, in this case the Decision was to end the claim due to the failure to return the PIP2 form. The MR either resulted in that Decision being revised and the original claim was reactivated or not in which case the second PIP2 is part of a new claim for PIP, in either case the MR process is now complete.

The Decision on daughters claim will be a separate, new Decision, so if there is a need to challenge it then this would require a new MR process to be started.

I hope this explains it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163465 by Unite1801
Replied by Unite1801 on topic Help and advice on completing forms.
So the fact that they have allowed a second form to be completed means that the decision was made to accept the reason they didn't receive the form? So the initial claim is in place?? And in that case should my DLA have not been stopped. Should I have received a letter of the decision with regard to the MR?

They said yesterday that it will now be 16 till a medical!

My daughter doesn't have a claim connected to her - she had my form in her handbag when she had an asthma attack and was taken in to hospital. On the 3rd day when she was feeling better she did the last bits of info on the form and posted it in my behalf.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163480 by Gordon

Unite1801 wrote: So the fact that they have allowed a second form to be completed means that the decision was made to accept the reason they didn't receive the form? So the initial claim is in place??

I'm afraid that is not what I said, whilst it is possible that this is the case, the most likely outcome of the MR was that the MR upheld the original Decision and a new claim for PIP was started on your behalf.

I suppose that there is a small chance that the MR has not been completed.

You should check with the DWP as to what they decided although you should have received written confirmation of the Decision.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.