× Members

Transfer DLA to PIP

More
7 years 11 months ago #158200 by jacksmum1
Transfer DLA to PIP was created by jacksmum1
I also received my letter asking if I wish to claim for PIP, called the number, spoke to a very pleasant guy and answered all his questions, later in the day I also received a text telling me that "the form" had Ben sent to me........well all that was a week ago now and I still haven't received it??? Is this normally the case and can its arrival take weeks or should I be worried?? I am currently on DLA enhanced rate for both mobility and care and am also in the support group for ESA, any replies would be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158213 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Transfer DLA to PIP

jacksmum1 wrote: I also received my letter asking if I wish to claim for PIP, called the number, spoke to a very pleasant guy and answered all his questions, later in the day I also received a text telling me that "the form" had Ben sent to me........well all that was a week ago now and I still haven't received it??? Is this normally the case and can its arrival take weeks or should I be worried?? I am currently on DLA enhanced rate for both mobility and care and am also in the support group for ESA, any replies would be appreciated!

Please don't add your posts to other people's topics, It is not fair to them and can lead to the wrong advice being given!

I would give a couple of more days and then call them back.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159456 by jacksmum1
Replied by jacksmum1 on topic Transfer DLA to PIP
Awaiting my PIP assessment and wondering if they will want to know if I drive? I do have my own car, not through motobility, and I do drive regularly to get to the shop etc. I have fibromyalgia, and lower wear and tear of the spine, I am unable to life my arms above my head and have restriction in my shoulders and neck. I would be devastated if I had to get rid of my car and not be able to drive at all. My car is currently sat on the drive at the side of the house, should I move it away from the house so the assessor can't see it, uncertain of what to say or do? any advice will be appreciated. I have pain on standing and walking which increases the longer I am on my feet, the upper body stiffness doesn't stop me using my mirrors or have an effect on my arms because my car is power assisted steering......please advise.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #159469 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Transfer DLA to PIP
Hi Jacksmum,

I have merged your PIP queries so that they now form one topic. You will find it easily if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

You might be asked whether you drive. This would be to try and gain more insight into your ability to concentrate, for example. I don't see any point in moving your car.

Our PIP guide has information about what to expect at the face2face assessment. If you are granted a home assessment you can choose which room to use and who to have with you. The assessor would have no right to look elsewhere in your home and, as far as we are aware, do not ask to do so. You should be aware that the assessor could turn up on time, early, late or not at all!

PIP help for claimants

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacksmum1

More
7 years 10 months ago #160380 by jacksmum1
Replied by jacksmum1 on topic Transfer DLA to PIP
Three weeks since sending my PIP form off I have received a letter requesting me to attend my face to face assessment in the nearest town, shocked to say the least, I was hoping for a home visit! Now the worrying has started because they obviously think I am well enough to travel....appointment is with Capita too, last assessment was with Atos which I passed with flying colours, is there any differences between pass and fail rates of these two companies in the Midlands?? Have checked this site for my particular assessment centre but not one person has reviewed........very worrying!

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #160400 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Transfer DLA to PIP
Hi Jacksmum,

I have merged your query with the previous topic relating to your PIP claim. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place, so please reply to this message when you have further questions or comments about your PIP. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Both Capita and ATOS are very unpredictable regarding home visits - they refuse people who have asked and give them to people who didn't request one!

If you feel you really need a home assessment you will need to back this up with a letter from your GP. You could gain time by postponing this assessment - but please be aware that the claimant is allowed to do this only once, so you would have to attend the next face2face come hell or high water - or risk your claim being closed :(

Our PIP guide explains what to expect at the appointment, it should be pretty similar wherever it is carried out. If you need wheelchair access it might be worth phoning the venue to make sure you can get in!

I don't know of any statistics relating to the proportion of claimants being recommended a PIP award by either company.

Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacksmum1

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.