× Members

Transfer DLA to PIP

More
7 years 10 months ago #160880 by jacksmum1
Replied by jacksmum1 on topic Transfer DLA to PIP
Well PIP assessment in the morning......am really getting uptight about it which isn't helping my pain levels at all! Finally got time rearranged to a lunchtime appointment and hubby is going with me for support. Rather than struggling in and out of wheelchair I am taking my mini scooter and there is no way I am getting off it unless it's for the toilet! Seriously I am having real jitters about this. And am so sick and tired of having to prove to these people that I am genuinely in pain and cannot walk! Do they not think that if I could be mobile I would not be running through the fields instead of spending the majority of my time asleep and dosed up with drugs and not having a life? Anyway, enough of my moaning, can anyone give me any advice on face to face assessment with Capita? I have fibromyalgia, brain fog, asthma, arthritic spine, tinnitus, sleep apnea with CPAP therapy every night and IBS.....any support would be much appreciated.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160894 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Transfer DLA to PIP

jacksmum1 wrote: Well PIP assessment in the morning......am really getting uptight about it which isn't helping my pain levels at all! Finally got time rearranged to a lunchtime appointment and hubby is going with me for support. Rather than struggling in and out of wheelchair I am taking my mini scooter and there is no way I am getting off it unless it's for the toilet! Seriously I am having real jitters about this. And am so sick and tired of having to prove to these people that I am genuinely in pain and cannot walk! Do they not think that if I could be mobile I would not be running through the fields instead of spending the majority of my time asleep and dosed up with drugs and not having a life? Anyway, enough of my moaning, can anyone give me any advice on face to face assessment with Capita? I have fibromyalgia, brain fog, asthma, arthritic spine, tinnitus, sleep apnea with CPAP therapy every night and IBS.....any support would be much appreciated.....

There's a section at the back of the PIP Claim guide that covers the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacksmum1

More
7 years 9 months ago #162711 by jacksmum1
Still awaiting a decision but have received a copy of my assessment report which shockingly holds a number of lies. Heard of a mandatory reconsideration.....is this the name for an appeal or is it something entirely different? I was assessed as having 12 points (enhanced rate) for mobility....The assessment report from Capita has only given me 9 points for care which will put me into the "standard" bracket rate from "enhanced" which I have held for the last 5 years). Nothing has changed but I have checked my application form copy which states that my hubby cooks for me and also bathes me daily. The assessor states that I am able to cook a meal with aids (perching stool). Whole problem with my cooking is that I cannot lift pans, forget ingredients etc and am putting myself at risk from scalding, leaving rings on etc, which resulted in me setting the bread board and a teatowel alight! I told her I don't cook at all!! Also I cannot lift my arms above my head to wash hair upper body etc or bend down low enough to wash my legs or feet, I cannot lift my legs up to even dress or undress, hubby does all this daily but she stated that I have a wet room and again use aid (shower stool) to bathe myself! According to B&W points system for PIP she has cost me at least 3 points?? Now seeing as though a final decision is still in progress, can I dare believe that the decision maker will read ALL my application form as well as read the assessors report and in doing so would it be possible those 3 points be awarded?? Very upset and confused regarding mandatory reconsideration ( if I can understand what it is), I do not want to pursue an appeal for stress reasons and a possibility that I will lose even more points!

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #162721 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Transfer DLA to PIP
Hi Jacksmum,

I have merged your post with the previous topic relating to your DLA - PIP transfer. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place.

I'm afraid all you can do now is wait for the decision. Although the DMs usually go with the assessor's recommendation, they do not have to do so.

If the decision is not what you are hoping for, you would not be allowed to appeal until your claim had been reconsidered by DWP. This is the 'Mandatory Reconsideration'. Like an appeal, it does pose the risk of your current award being downgraded. We will cross that bridge if/when we get to it!

If you have further comments or questions about your PIP claim, please reply to this message rather than starting a new topic. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacksmum1

More
7 years 9 months ago #162736 by jacksmum1
Ok, thank you for your reply x

More
7 years 9 months ago #162807 by Suzy3
Replied by Suzy3 on topic Transfer DLA to PIP
Hi jm1, sorry to read of the worrying time you are having

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.