× Members

ESA support group but required to attend interview

More
7 years 9 months ago #163094 by Gordon
Steven

I have checked the legislation and there have been no changes to ESA in regard to a claimants commitment to attend WFIs and participate in Work Related Activity, if you are certain that you are in the Support Group then you are not required to do so.

My best guess is that the Decision Maker has taken a standard letter intended for WRAG awards and has used it to notify you of your SG award.

You will have to wait and see whether you receive a further letter, but I think it likely that you won't.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, steven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163122 by Derek4
Hi Steven,

If I were in your position I would write to my MP enclosing a copy of the letter that says you are in the support group but required to attend interviews, and ask him to write to DWP to get clarification.

From my own experience, any letter I send direct to the DWP seems to go straight to the waste bin!

Regards,

Derek
The following user(s) said Thank You: steven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.