× Members

Esa IR and working non dependants

More
7 years 9 months ago #163546 by micksville
Esa IR and working non dependants was created by micksville
Brief question for when the forum re opens. Im in support group, Income Related Esa, DLA HRM and MR care. My daughter lives with me and is starting a paid apprenticeship. I might have to pay a non dependant deduction re my housing benefit (though it seems MR of care might mean I don't) However, as it is my 17 year old daughter, not a wife or partner will this affect my I R Esa? Can't find anything on the resources or online about this. As far as I understand ig, this should not affect my sickness genefits as it isn't a partner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163593 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa IR and working non dependants

micksville wrote: Brief question for when the forum re opens. Im in support group, Income Related Esa, DLA HRM and MR care. My daughter lives with me and is starting a paid apprenticeship. I might have to pay a non dependant deduction re my housing benefit (though it seems MR of care might mean I don't) However, as it is my 17 year old daughter, not a wife or partner will this affect my I R Esa? Can't find anything on the resources or online about this. As far as I understand ig, this should not affect my sickness genefits as it isn't a partner.

As she is not your partner then her income and working cannot effect your ESA directly, however, you should be careful about any payment she might make to you for room and board as these could be considered as income, keep records of what you receive and try and relate to your actual expenditure for food, etc.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163628 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic Esa IR and working non dependants
Well she's only an apprentice Gordon and will only earn 105 pounds gross. I am not planning on taking any of that from her. As I understand it, there might be a charge of about 14 which I might have to put towards my rent. Even that isnt definite as I am on middle rate of care and it seems housing and cluncil tax ben dont take deductions from those on MRC. I used to get severe dis premium paid by income support when on incal ben. Hosever, this is paid within my income related esa now. As far as I know because shes 16 nearly 17, that wont be affected until shes 18 anyway, by which time I will likely be on pip which doeasnt have severe dis prdmium

More
7 years 9 months ago #163629 by micksville
As I am not intending to take room and board from her, she is going to bug her own foid, toiletries etc one question arises. Can thd dwp just arbitrarily assume I take money from her and take a sum of money from my esa anyway? Furthermore, could they take the statutory 14 pounds odd from my housing ben, leaving me to pay the shortfall and take an amount frlm my esa too?

More
7 years 9 months ago #163630 by micksville
Sorry Gordon but this throwx up a further question. I understand the first 20 pounds of any payments for board and/or lodgings are disregarded anyway. Or is that only for housing benefit purposes.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163647 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa IR and working non dependants

micksville wrote: Well she's only an apprentice Gordon and will only earn 105 pounds gross. I am not planning on taking any of that from her. As I understand it, there might be a charge of about 14 which I might have to put towards my rent. Even that isnt definite as I am on middle rate of care and it seems housing and cluncil tax ben dont take deductions from those on MRC. I used to get severe dis premium paid by income support when on incal ben. Hosever, this is paid within my income related esa now. As far as I know because shes 16 nearly 17, that wont be affected until shes 18 anyway, by which time I will likely be on pip which doeasnt have severe dis prdmium

Any PIP Daily Living award enables the payment of the Severe Disability Premium providing the other requirements for it's payment are met.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.