× Members

Esa IR and working non dependants

More
7 years 9 months ago #163652 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa IR and working non dependants

micksville wrote: Sorry Gordon but this throwx up a further question. I understand the first 20 pounds of any payments for board and/or lodgings are disregarded anyway. Or is that only for housing benefit purposes.

I believe that this is the case but there are also rules surrounding this that you may need to meet, you should get face to face advice about the matter before proceeding.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163661 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic Esa IR and working non dependants
Thanks Gofdon. I didnt realise that about the severe disability payments within Pip. Im seeing the local council next week re any effects on H Ben etc. Preliminary advice over the phone is there wont be any deductions. I spoke to the ESA call entre earlier this afternoon after posting. After telling them I don't intend taking any board or lodging from her, that she will buy her own food and toiletries they were ok about it. Just said to inform them if I started taking such at a later date. I did ask whether the dwp might just assume I charge her, or interpret it as though she could contribute to the household and take an arbitrary sum but the lady I spoke to said that's not likely to happen. I will write to them confirming she's startex the apprenticeship but that I don't receive income from her for board/lodging and will tell them I know I am duty bound to inform them should this changeiin the future. They seemed fine with that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.