× Members

Esa f2f appointment problem

More
7 years 11 months ago #158936 by Susan
Esa f2f appointment problem was created by Susan
Good morning.
I received my ESA50 two weeks ago. I am now trying to find the courage to fill it in.
The last assessment I had was 4yrs ago. I won at appeal.
I originally claimed for mental health reasons. However I also claimed for osteoarthritis in my knee. At the time my pain was very severe and I needed to use a walking stick.
Since then I have lost 5st in weight, and my pain is considerably eased because of it. I do not need to use my walking stick at present.
How do I fill in the ESA50 please? Do I mention the arthritis at all? Or should I just fill the form in with regards to my mental health?
Thank you for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158944 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Esa f2f appointment problem
Hello Susan

First of all - congratulations on losing such a huge amount of weight. You must have tremendous willpower!!

As for your application, well you obviously know by now how to describe your mental health issues. You have the guides here to help you, and the experience of your tribunal to show you what you need to present to support your case. Good luck with that.

As for the issue of your arthritis, it might be useful to mention that you have taken the advice of your GP etc (I imagine your GP was in favour of you losing weight) and as a result you are having little or no trouble at present. It shows that are really trying to overcome your problems.

However, arthritis doesn't just 'go away', so being aware that the situation as it is now might not be the same a few months/years down the line, it might also be wise to present what information you have about your initial condition and any long term prognosis given by your GP/Orthopaedic Consultant. Up to you, really, whether you mention it or not.

Good luck with the form. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susan

More
7 years 11 months ago #158946 by Susan
Replied by Susan on topic Esa f2f appointment problem
Thank you for your help.
What you have said makes perfect sense. I will mention the arthritis in my forms.
I am hoping I won't have to fight them this time around. But I probably will.
Susan.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163680 by Susan
Panicking. I have my esa f2f on Thursday. The person that was coming with me has let me down. I suffer with mental health problems, and no way can I go on my own. I only have one other person I trust to take me. But not on Thursday. And due to family commitments, only if I can go to a centre near to them. I know I can cancel the assessment, as it's the first one. But would I be able to change the venue?

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163708 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Esa f2f appointment problem
Hi Susan,

I have merged your query with the previous topic relating to your ESA claim. It helps us enormously when everything to do with one claim is kept in the same place.

You can certainly ask for your f2f to be held at another venue. However, I think it is unlikely that it would be possible to do so without also changing the date and/or time. This would count as your one permitted change and you must attend the next appointment or risk your claim being closed.

It would be best to have a list of availability for the person who will accompany you. Then you can make another appointment when you phone to cancel this one. This will give you the best chance of the second appointment being at a date, time and venue that is suitable for you.

If you have further questions or comments about your ESA, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susan

More
7 years 9 months ago #163715 by Susan
Thank you.
Would it really go against me if I managed to get there alone? I am wondering if I might be able to get my head in the right frame of mind to get there by cab. They would at least be able to see how going out alone affects me
I have had this appointment hanging over me for a few weeks now. I just want it out of the way.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.