× Members

Assessment report received/MR advice needed please

More
7 years 8 months ago #166117 by enigma75
Could they penalise me for it later though? Like, if they know that you've recorded one assessment, they might note that down for future assessments and refuse to see you until you've shown them you're not recording?

I think I want to say that I'm relying on notes that my helper made, but would it help my case more to let them know I have a recording, so they know I'll be able to prove I'm telling the truth if it goes to appeal?

Sorry. The thought of further hassle makes me horribly anxious :( .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166135 by Gordon

Cat wrote: Could they penalise me for it later though? Like, if they know that you've recorded one assessment, they might note that down for future assessments and refuse to see you until you've shown them you're not recording?

I think I want to say that I'm relying on notes that my helper made, but would it help my case more to let them know I have a recording, so they know I'll be able to prove I'm telling the truth if it goes to appeal?

Sorry. The thought of further hassle makes me horribly anxious :( .

They aren't going to do anything, but if you are that concerned about it then don't mention it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: enigma75

More
7 years 8 months ago #166159 by enigma75
It's hard to know what to do when there are so many stories of people reporting unfair treatment :dry:.

We're challenging the mistakes in the report. It's not that bad, there is a decent amount of accuracy but also a few important contradictions and errors that have influenced the decision. I'm concerned that if I do too good a job at refuting the errors that it'll backfire and they'll insist on another assessment, or decide that the mobility component must also be wrong, even though that was partly based on the examination where my difficulties were obvious. Is this likely?

I'm torn between only refuting a couple of the errors but risking it not being enough, and refuting more than I need to but risking them scrapping the entire assessment. I'm trying to find the middle ground, and it's tough.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166163 by slugsta
If you only refute the assessor's report you run the risk of it being discarded and another carried out. This is why we remind you to put more effort into showing how and why you meet the descriptors.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #166203 by enigma75
Ah, OK. Thanks for that. We went through the B&W guides meticulously when doing the initial application, and put tons of effort into showing how I meet the descriptors, how I'm affected every day, how I can't do things reliably and repeatedly and why, and my GP and consultant backed it up.

I'm going to point out in my challenge evidence that what my GP and I said in my initial application appears to have been disregarded by the HP and the DM. My GP has given me a second letter saying similar. It boils down to a couple of errors and the HP not taking my GP's evidence into account when giving the reason for their choice of descriptors. And the DM chose to prioritise the HP's opinion over my own doctors' evidence.

Should I write exactly the same information out again as was in my original form, or can I just write a few summarising paragraphs about how I meet the descriptors and refer the DM back to my form if they want to know more details?

It does make me wonder why they make us fill in that infernal form if they're not going to use it in their decision anyway.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #166206 by slugsta
If you believe you have already supplied all information/evidence then all you need to do is write a summary and point out where in your claim the DM can find the relevant information.

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.