× Members

PIP 2 form not arrived

More
7 years 8 months ago #165664 by sitterum
PIP 2 form not arrived was created by sitterum
My stepson has been told he has to come off DLA and apply for PIP. As his carer I rang the DWP on Tuesday the 19th of July and applied for him, they said we should receive the PIP 2 form in a couple of weeks.

The problem is we still haven’t received the PIP 2 form; it’s now been over 3 weeks. I’m not sure if I should ring up and chase them or leave it for another week?
As it’s the holiday period perhaps there’s staff shortages.

The danger is the form may have got lost in the post.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165675 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP 2 form not arrived

Steve G wrote: My stepson has been told he has to come off DLA and apply for PIP. As his carer I rang the DWP on Tuesday the 19th of July and applied for him, they said we should receive the PIP 2 form in a couple of weeks.

The problem is we still haven’t received the PIP 2 form; it’s now been over 3 weeks. I’m not sure if I should ring up and chase them or leave it for another week?
As it’s the holiday period perhaps there’s staff shortages.

The danger is the form may have got lost in the post.

Any advice would be much appreciated

You must ring them immediately, the four weeks to complete form includes postage time for you to receive it. Ask for a new return date if the original form is declared as lost.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sitterum, Sazsclobber

More
7 years 8 months ago #165686 by sitterum
Replied by sitterum on topic PIP 2 form not arrived
Thanks for the advice. it will be 4 weeks next Tuesday since I rang, I'll ring them first thing tomorrow.

Perhaps for some reason they haven't sent it out.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165697 by Lily
Replied by Lily on topic PIP 2 form not arrived
I applied for mine 1st August I rang today they went onto to computer said need to chat to someone couple minutes later came back said I should receive it in the next couple of weeks !!! They also asked if I was any other benefits which is only ESA and that to is also up for review !!! Made me wonder if they are trying to deal with both at the same time !!!my ESA was sent 4 weeks ago

More
7 years 8 months ago #165716 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP 2 form not arrived
As far as I am aware, the question about other benefits is one of the security screening questions, along with DOB etc

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #165739 by sitterum
Replied by sitterum on topic PIP 2 form not arrived
The trouble is, if the form has been lost in the post they could stop your benefit.

But when they sent me a PIP 1 form for my stepson, within 2 weeks they sent me a reminder to get it back on time; so you would think they would do the same with the PIP 2 form!

My wife’s seriously ill and on palliative care so it’s all a bit stressful at the moment :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.