× Members

Dla to PIP invite - Telephone or paper claim query

More
7 years 8 months ago #167888 by foojam
Thank you, Gordon, I'll have a further read of the guide, although it is physically making the call that is difficult, I can't get words out through anxiety, it isn't really the content in that case. I'll read again and ask for someone to help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169430 by foojam
Update: Following the advice given, my wife plucked up the courage to ring these people a few days before the deadline and the process seems to have lengthened to a 20 minute call. I had to say "yes" on three occasions. I know there are many people who seem to wonder why this is stressful, a simple phone call, but it really is. There were questions asked about my condition, not simply doctors names, addresses and phone numbers and bank account details and this was difficult for my wife to take on when I had promised only simple questions and answers that she had info for.

My wife said that, although she accepted they should take into account the information they have, I had "gotten worse since the last review", which reluctantly I accept is correct as it is difficult to admit things are worse to the world at large that I don't feel able to freely interact with. There was a quick remark about a form may be sent out. Does this mean that they might be treating me now as a new applicant? Has anyone any experience of this?

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #169448 by slugsta
Hi foojam,

Well done for getting through the phone call!

You are a new claimant for PIP. No-one will be automatically transferred from DLA, everyone will have to go through the same process, no matter whether they are moving from DLA or have never claimed any benefits before.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.