× Members

Financial Assessment by Council after move to PIP

More
7 years 8 months ago #167867 by Bill24chev
Replied by Bill24chev on topic Financial Assessment by Council after move to PIP
GK
Unless you have invoices/receipts for equipment and services i do not think there is away of getting your wife's contribution to care costs reduced.

One possibility may be have her requirements reviewed to include nighttime needs and get an increase in direct payments for that. I am not however convinced of the ethics of doing that and retaining the extra direct payment for yourselves. because as you are married and I presume still a couple you would probably have agreed to care for each other in your Wedding Vows

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167904 by nonsmoker2008
Replied by nonsmoker2008 on topic Financial Assessment by Council after move to PIP
Am going through something fairly similar and from my enquiries from social services it is permissible for someone recieving direct payments to officially employ a family member to provide care however that family member cannot live at the same address and they require official proof of other address. That may be peculiar to my LA, but you could always ask

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris