× Members

HELP I need someone to go with me to pip interview

More
7 years 7 months ago #168322 by sha1971
Any ideas of who i can pay to come with me to attend PIP interview ? , im female 45 i have Schizoaffective disorder , i have no friends no children and all my family are in cornwall , My CPN nurse says shes too busy to come with me some and MIND in taunton said they dont cover my area anymore , im in west somerset which is 17 miles away , mind group in minehead on Mondays the lady who runs says shes too busy and cant come , um ive tried the people at the bapist church but no no one can help and i think im just coming across as weirdo really , also ive tried west somerset advice bureau who helped me fill in the PIP forms along of course with being a member of benefits and work, but they haven't got anyone spare to come with me , i live in williton, west somerset , i just need someone to come in the atos building sit and wait and leave with me they dont even have to come into the interview room , i am willing to pay are there care services that do this ive looked online but cant find anything, any ideas ? im thinking of putting a card in the post office window willing to pay for a companion for a couple of hours to attend PIP interview do you think thats a good idea ? i did not request a home visit from pip, because well im stupid and thought i would be able to get someone to come with me. feel worried and upset and very alone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168343 by Gordon
Shaz

Two suggestions for you;

Do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Contact your GP surgery and/or CAB office they should have a list of voluntary organisations in your area.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sha1971

More
7 years 7 months ago #168430 by alison
hi shaz,.
have you tried contacting MIND, in your area ,,? i rang them because i was in a similar situation regarding appealing for pip,.. they were very helpfull and give me phone numbers whom i could contact to ask for support,,. hope you manage to fimd someone who can go with you ,,i know how worrying going to the assesment s are ,,
alison, x

More
7 years 7 months ago #168436 by ploppy
Hi Shaz,
I really feel for you after reading your post. I understand loneliness & feeling 'deserted' & desperate for help. Being alone does have its benefits, but also its downfalls. I am lucky to have some very loyal friends who ring me, but I also know that you mustn't 'impose' on them too often, or you could lose them. So like you, I try to sort things out alone and it can be very hard & soul destroying when you just wish someone would just step in and help.
I found this website a short while ago from my L.A and decided to join it to see if its any good. You may possibly have heard of it, 'Streetlife'.
It's to do with things & people in your area. I see there is a Streetlife in Taunton.
Its free & easy to join & use & you could write on there asking for someone to assist you. You could be very surprised how many will reply with advice or even offer to go with you.
I needed help for something a while back, wrote on there asking, and got it. There was also a girl who was having chemo at a hospital, she was asking if anyone else in the area was going to keep her company. She also received a few replies.
Sometimes strangers can be very kind. You can try, you've nothing to lose. I really hope a 'Guardian Angel' comes to you aid.

www.streetlife.com

More
7 years 7 months ago #168440 by ploppy
Update.
Sorry, forgot to write if you do find a Streetlife' group in your area or surrounding area , when you register put on a different user name & perhaps just put you need someone to accompany you on that day as everyone you know aren't available, rather than advertise you're alone etc for security reasons. Don't want everyone knowing your personal business.
If you put you're willing to donate something for their time you can sort that out by emailing them privately after so others can't see what you're arranging with them.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168464 by Chris77
Remember when you go to your PIP interview am sure i speak for others in that we will be rooting for you in mind if not in person and having the support of people on here I hope encourages you to keep going through the process.

I would NOT put a card in the post office window as I think this could attract the wrong sort of person, I think as Gordon Says below that you need a Volunteer from someone who is used to this sort of thing and will be support for you on the day.

Good Luck

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.