× Members

Work Capability Assessment - How Often?

More
7 years 6 months ago #171842 by Mikey
I recently completed the Work Capability Assessment Form succesfully (with info/help from this site) and therefore didn't have to attend a Medical. Thanks for the Guides and to all others who provided help and advice.

I read somewhere on this forum that a person can phone and ask when his/her next Work Capablity Assessment is due? Where would I phone to request this info?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #171862 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Work Capability Assessment - How Often?
Hi Mikey,

You can phone DWP and ask for the 'prognosis', this is when you are next to be reassessed (although you should expect forms to arrive several months beforehand).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #172007 by poppysammy
Replied by poppysammy on topic Work Capability Assessment - How Often?
Hi Mikey,

Always write to the relevant DWP department regarding any queries(normally,the most recent letter you've received will be the address you have to write to)you have. Phoning the DWP is full of risks as we all know the DWP use call centres who will claim no proof of your call.

The time limits are usually three years maximum if you are placed in the support group.
However,this time scale can be extended or shortened depending on certain variables in different areas of the UK.

The minimum award time is twelve months! Which,as Mrs Hurtyback posted you can then expect to be contacted (Government guidelines eight months)six months beforehand.

To sum up check your award letter. If no time limit has been stated in the award letter then write to the DWP. Always,if possible use the signed receipt Post Office Service.And always keep a copy of written correspondence sent to and received from the DWP etc.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172008 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work Capability Assessment - How Often?
poppysammy

The minimum reassessment period for ESA, ESA is actually an indefinite award, is actually three months!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #172014 by poppysammy
Replied by poppysammy on topic Work Capability Assessment - How Often?
Gordon

The government guidelines I've recently (available online)viewed state "no one is to be called for a reassessment before eight months".The guidelines then state the DWP can contact the claimant after six months .

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #172020 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work Capability Assessment - How Often?

poppysammy wrote: Gordon

The government guidelines I've recently (available online)viewed state "no one is to be called for a reassessment before eight months".The guidelines then state the DWP can contact the claimant after six months .

First of all these are guidelines and not the law, the legislation for ESA says three months and I know of someone who was recently re-assessed for ESA three months after the previous Decision, secondly, I believe these apply to appeal Decision only and again, we know of members who have been reassessed well within these periods.

If you post a link I'll look at the information, but as I said, the DWP are most certainly not sticking to the guidelines and they are not enforceable by a claimant.

Gordon

Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.