× Members

What do 'background checks' mean in DLA-PIP?

More
7 years 6 months ago #172318 by LindaRiver
Hello Community,
I am a newbie here and I wonder if anyone can please help me.
My sister's DLA is ending and she was asked to apply for PIP. A friend made the initial call and was asked a lot of questions that they didn't have the answers for. They were told that forms (we thought PIP1 and PIP2) were being sent out and if the forms didn't arrive in three weeks to call a number. It is now three weeks and the forms did not arrive.
A different friend has now called to ask where the forms are. They have been told that the PIP1 was already carried out on the phone. The friend asked how that could have happened when the needed info was not available, they were told "it doesn't matter". They were then told that before a PIP2 is sent to the claimant "background checks" will be carried out.
Does anyone know what those background checks are? Will they have already contacted my sister's GP?
Any info on this would be so helpful, Thank you,
Linda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172351 by Gordon
LR

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Has your sister been out of the country recently and in particular for a long period? This is the only background check that I can think of that would delay the sending of the PIP2.

If you can supply more information on the calls it might make it clearer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 6 months ago #172373 by george42
Replied by george42 on topic What do 'background checks' mean in DLA-PIP?
Hi and I hope you don't mind me replying to your thread. I have just done the initial telephone call today and was asked if I had been out of the country for more than 4 weeks in 3 years. I said no. I've been away on holiday for a week, but what is the significance about this and a background check.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172387 by LindaRiver
Replied by LindaRiver on topic What do 'background checks' mean in DLA-PIP?
Oh bless you, Gordon. Thank you so much for the heads-up!
I will have a good look at the "welcome" section and the FAQ's and try and get a better sense of the forum. Thanks for bearing with me!
I will ask the friends who made the calls for more details and get back to you on this, if I may.
Very Best Wishes

More
7 years 6 months ago #172393 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic What do 'background checks' mean in DLA-PIP?

george42 wrote: Hi and I hope you don't mind me replying to your thread. I have just done the initial telephone call today and was asked if I had been out of the country for more than 4 weeks in 3 years. I said no. I've been away on holiday for a week, but what is the significance about this and a background check.

I assume that DWP want to assure themselves that the claimant meets the very basic residency requirements for PIP.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 6 months ago #172394 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic What do 'background checks' mean in DLA-PIP?

george42 wrote: Hi and I hope you don't mind me replying to your thread. I have just done the initial telephone call today and was asked if I had been out of the country for more than 4 weeks in 3 years. I said no. I've been away on holiday for a week, but what is the significance about this and a background check.

I assume that DWP want to assure themselves that the claimant meets the very basic residency requirements for PIP.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.