× Members

What do 'background checks' mean in DLA-PIP?

More
7 years 6 months ago #172403 by LindaRiver
Replied by LindaRiver on topic What do 'background checks' mean in DLA-PIP?
My sister has not been out of the country, except for one week, in the last five years.
The friend who called to start the application was asked the same question you were asked, george42, "has she been out of the country for more than 4 weeks in the last 3 years?" and they answered "no" to that.
The person who called today to chase the non-arrival of the PIP2, was told that PIP2's are now never sent until 'background checks' have been done. Don't know if that is true, but that is what they were told. And they were told that because 'background checks' have not yet been returned, that was was the reason no form had been sent in three weeks.
It does seem strange that basic residency checks can't be carried out in three weeks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172410 by Gordon
Linda

It's the first time we have heard of this restriction, but I cannot think of any reason why this would cause significant delay to the issuing of the PIP2 with the exception of the claimant having been out of the country and therefore there being questions about their meeting the residency test.

Whilst it is probably not doing your anxiety any good, the delay does mean that you DLA continues to remain in payment for longer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 6 months ago #172416 by LindaRiver
Thank you Gordon and Mrs Hurtyback for your replies.
Maybe this 'background check' line was just an excuse because the PIP2 had not been sent as it should have?
It was a bit anxiety provoking, Gordon, :-). But my sister has no reason to fear any checks.
In posting my question, I was mainly wondering if this 'checking' meant they would have already contacted the GP for a report? As I would like to have a chat with the GP about some of my sister's current challenges.
Sorry, this is all a bit new to me. I am reading through the excellent B&W guides as fast as I can. Do you know if supporting evidence, like doctors reports, is requested before a PIP2 is filled in? Thanks.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #172417 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic What do 'background checks' mean in DLA-PIP?
No, medical evidence will not be requested before a PIP2 has been returned. In fact, it is unusual for to be requested at all!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172423 by LindaRiver
Oh, thank you, Mrs Hurtyback for that info.
And thank you so much Mrs H and Gordon for being moderators for this great forum. I really appreciate you giving your time and expertise to help those of us who know less.
Very Best Wishes
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 6 months ago #172424 by jen

Mrs Hurtyback wrote: No, medical evidence will not be requested before a PIP2 has been returned. In fact, it is unusual for to be requested at all!

Sadly, this is very true. My own GP confirmed this during my last visit when I asked about the issue and tried to get a support letter. My GP sadly shook their head and admitted that the DWP hardly ever contact them and request any records or evidence and furthermore any support letters they write are completely shunned and ignored by the DWP. :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.