× Members

DLA to PIP

More
7 years 3 months ago #177490 by Geo
Replied by Geo on topic DLA to PIP
Formerly DLA low rate care high rate mobility indefinite. Assessed in November and received letter yesterday. Awarded standard rate care and also mobility. Didnt expect either. I have applied for mandatory reconsideration regarding mobility.
I thought I had it covered, but was astonished to find that " I was observed to have walked for 21 metres!!"
They must have their floor plan measured to the centimetre. So beware if you are being assessed in The Argyle Street centre in Glasgow
Another fact worth knowing and are fs if like me you have severe arthritis and require joint surgery, you should not require a face to face assessment. This is covered in the DWP Guide for Assessors Sept 2016 pages 30 and 31.
I'll let you know the outcome.
Merry Xmas and happy New Year.
P.S the diary of how your disability affects you is a great idea as it saves you having to remember details when you are under pressure. Thanx B&W

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.