× Members

Shopuld I ask for a copy of my ESA85A ?

More
6 years 6 months ago #197846 by Alikris
Replied by Alikris on topic Shopuld I ask for a copy of my ESA85A ?
Thanks Gordon, I'm seeing my Psyc on the 2nd October so I can ask him then if they've contacted him.

It's been stated both on these forums and in your PIP claim guide that them contacting people for medical reports is very unusual. I don't know if this development is a good or bad thing? Was the PIP form and evidence I submitted almost good enough or are they trying to disallow my claim somehow? I know you don't know, but I'd appreciate your thoughts on this. I suspect that seeing as My GP and carer submitted evidence, they want to see what My Psyc says about it all.

I've printed out my GP and carer evidence and will send to my Psyc ASAP 'for his records and so he can see how my conditions affect my daily living abilities.' Hopefully he'll take notice of that

Do you think they'll send my Psyc a version if the "Claimant Request for GP comment" form or is there a different form they send to Hospital consultants?

I'm not worried about them asking my GP for further evidence, nor my carer, just my Psyc.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #197863 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Shopuld I ask for a copy of my ESA85A ?
Kris

Given the history of the claim I think a Paper Based Review is probably a good thing, they are only done where there is enough or near to enough, with the addition of comment from the claimants medical support, evidence in the claimants claim form and anything attached, It is also only done where the claimants conditions are accepted as being serious.

I would expect them to use a GP Factual Report or something very similar. So they will ask specific questions rather than asking for a general report.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alikris

More
6 years 6 months ago #197948 by Alikris
Thank you for your opinion Gordon, I would have said that's very reassuring however, this morning I received an appointment letter (dated 21st September, the previous letter stating they were asking for more info from my health professionals was dated 19th September). I've contacted both my GP and Psychiatrist and they have not received any request for further information, and neither has my carer, those are the only three people they have details about so I'm at a loss as to what exactly is happening. Unless it was an internal DWP request for my recent ESA85A (which I have still not received following my SAR)? Maybe it's all a mix up on their part? I'll find out when I do a PIP SAR after it's all over. I'll wait a week then ask my GP and Psyc again next Monday just in case they have received a request which was delayed in the post.

Sadly, the appointment they gave me was unsuitable as my carer would not be able to attend due to a prior booking, so we've been given a new appointment date in 15 days time. I'm thinking I should follow this up with a letter stating that she was unable to attend hence the rescheduling, so that there's a paper trail . . ..

More
6 years 6 months ago #197956 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Shopuld I ask for a copy of my ESA85A ?
It is never a bad idea to have a paper trail when dealing with DWP and their henchmen!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 6 months ago #197962 by Alikris
Thank you. Can you think of why they would send me a letter saying they were asking for more info then send me an appointment a couple of days later without actually asking anyone for more info?

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #197963 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Shopuld I ask for a copy of my ESA85A ?
I suppose it is possible that the second letter was actually generated first. Otherwise, I'm afraid I have no idea!

Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.